• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Drafting a WR in the 2ND Really A Good Idea?

ok ok here me out and stop throwing poo at me.  If the goal is to develop Bryce Young, is brining in a rookie WR the right way to do that or just surround him with good vets?  I'm torn, we need a wr to groom but putting him on the field may hinder Youngs development.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 2

Doesn’t have to be in the 2nd if we can get starters with those picks but if take other positions with 33 and 39 then I feel like 65 must be WR.  There will still be half a dozen guys there who prob could come in as rookies and contribute.   

It’s a WR heavy draft.  An ideal one to add a WR.  It’s highly likely the BPA is going to be a WR at spots…..and we need solutions to develop Bryce beyond this one season 

TE draft last year. WR this year.  If you aren’t taking advantage of what drafts have to offer and chase at other spots I don’t support that. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Ted Ginn Jr.'s Hands said:

Will be the deepest wr group in awhile. Good chance we can get 1st rd value at 33

whats more valuable, the 8ish wr on the board, the 2ndish rated center on the board or top 5ish pass rusher?

I dont know the answer but thats kindof what you are looking at

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

whats more valuable, the 8ish wr on the board, the 2ndish rated center on the board or top 5ish pass rusher?

This isn't as cut and dry as that the 8th best receiver out of a class of recievers with 14+ top 64 talent? Also having 32 and 39 make this a bit moot, the oline has already been approved dramatically.

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I doubt they put a rookie center in front of Bryce.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

The real question is taking 2 WRs in the 2nd round a good idea?

If they go into the draft determined to take two WR in the 2nd round it’s not a good idea. If the board falls that way then it’s a different story. 

I think it’s highly unlikely to fall that way but I could be (as I often am) totally wrong. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Doesn’t have to be in the 2nd but TE probably needs to be the 39 pick. WR can be taken in the 3rd round, but if a top WR is there in the 2nd, take him. But its hidden gems like Jalen Coker that might be available in the later rounds.

Edited by Byrdman4real
  • Pie 1