• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Fields traded for bag of chips, why couldn’t we get Gerber competition?

Damn, you guys want to go through the Darnold situation again while we already have a young guy under contract?

As soon as we trade for him we'd have to choose to pick his 5th year option up. Then if (when) he sucks, you owe him all that money like Darnold, or you don't sign him and you rent him as a backup for a year and let him walk which would be pointless.

• Pie 3

It's comical how poorly run we've been compared to even the Bears.

Now they can draft yet another QB and load up with even more top end talent. Question is can they draft worth a damn. We'll see.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Damn, you guys want to go through the Darnold situation again while we already have a young guy under contract?

As soon as we trade for him we'd have to choose to pick his 5th year option up. Then if (when) he sucks, you owe him all that money like Darnold, or you don't sign him and you rent him as a backup for a year and let him walk which would be pointless.

I think people just aren’t sold on Bryce and would like  another young QB on the roster.

if they both suck we end up with a top pick and draft another QB and let Fields walk

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Call Me James said:

I think people just aren’t sold on Bryce and would like  another young QB on the roster.

if they both suck we end up with a top pick and draft another QB and let Fields walk

So why waste another pick when you can just roll with Bryce and make that decision in 2025 and use the capital saved to address other needs?

It would just be more poor asset management throwing more draft picks at QBs when the team as a whole was a dumpster fire last season.

Give Bryce another shot and see what we actually have.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

So why waste another pick when you can just roll with Bryce and make that decision in 2025 and use the capital saved to address other needs?

It would just be more poor asset management throwing more draft picks at QBs when the team as a whole was a dumpster fire last season.

Give Bryce another shot and see what we actually have.

Because people don’t value 6th round picks.

People don’t like watching their team lose without making changes.

last season there was a fair chorus that if Bryce is the problem, then we can’t evaluate our other talent properly.

TLDR; what does it hurt taking a flyer on a qb with a 6th round pick?

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's comical how poorly run we've been compared to even the Bears.

Now they can draft yet another QB and load up with even more top end talent. Question is can they draft worth a damn. We'll see.

Caleb Williams with that skill group is impressive. But they’re the bears so I’ll assume they’ll mess it up until they don’t 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Why weren’t all the teams that haven’t got a franchise guy banging down the Bears door for that price? Because he’s not that good 

I don’t think he’s being brought in to eh a franchise guy or a starter. That’s likely going to be Russ. Particularly because they traded for him first.

that said, I don’t think the panthers fans should thumb their noses at a coach who has never had a losing season

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I told people he would be cheap. We didn't bring him in because they know he would beat Bryce for the starting job.

Nyah. It's Bryce ride or die our way to 1st in 2025. Can't afford for him to have any excuses. 

Personally I think you always try to improve regardless of where they're drafted. 

• Pie 1