• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints sign Chase Young

5 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Morgan has said we will not trade up,  will make a pick at 33 or trade down.  Gotta build all around.

Yeah? Well your name makes it difficult to trust you when talking about Morgan, unless that is who you really are! 😀 I know he said that, but how can you say that before free agency ends?  Do you trust everything GMs say during this time of year?  I tend to trust Morgan, but when the dust settles, he could see trading up as the best option.  I hope he does not-and I have a feeling Braswell will be our guy-I also have a feeling that Chop Robinson may fall into the second round.

Edited by MHS831

5 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

I see your point, but in an effort to build a complete roster I would do my best to stack prospects.  Honestly, if Chop and Darius Robinson were available at 33/39 I'd grab them both and push WR to the 3rd/4th rounds. 

Could you imagine the damage a front 3 of DB, AR, and Darius Robinson would cause?  Having that 1 player who is a stand out would be great.  Turner is the only one that is that guy, in my opinion, in the 1st round. 

Honestly, I'm liking Chris Braswell more and more as well.  When the scouting report reads "He plays with his pants on fire..." and the biggest knock is they don't think he has enough "ankle flexation" I'd take a gamble on that guy.

The top 3 sack leaders from the 2023 draft were all drafted outside of the first round. All were mid to late 3rd rounders.  Just saying, with good scouting (lately pretty rare on Mint St) we have options.

image.thumb.png.b95e9837897500482cdec8838b8dd711.png 

Yeah, I just wanted to get some open minded discussion going.  Too often we make an assumption early and never consider all options.  How many drafts have you walked away from thinking, "Well I never saw that coming"  Good stuff here.

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Yeah? Well your name makes it difficult to trust you when talking about Morgan, unless that is who you really are! 😀 I know he said that, but how can you say that before free agency ends?  Do you trust everything GMs say during this time of year?  I tend to trust Morgan, but when the dust settles, he could see trading up as the best option.  I hope he does not-and I have a feeling Braswell will be our guy-I also have a feeling that Chop Robinson may fall into the second round.

I always thought his name was in reference to the rum

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, BeenPounding said:

You aren't trading two high second round picks to move up in the first.  That would be the equivalent of the 15th pick according to Jimmy Johnson.  Who in the middle of the first outside of Brock Bowers would help us, right now, more than two high second round picks.  At this point we need more players than pedigree.

If Bowers or one of the top three receivers are there at 15, I'd have to strongly consider trading those two seconds. Bowers is a freaking beast.

6 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

I always thought his name was in reference to the rum

If you were Dan Morgan, that is what he would WANT you to believe!  I am pretty sure I blew his cover and his mind!!!

No, you are probably right.  I was just joking at my expense.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

If Bowers or one of the top three receivers are there at 15, I'd have to strongly consider trading those two seconds. Bowers is a freaking beast.

I think a great WR or TE is worth more than two pretty good WRs or TEs.  There is only one ball.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I think Denver has us beat.

Nah I watch Nat'l tv shows daily, and there is no other team in the league who gets laughed at more than us. They were discussing Mike Williams this morning on ESPN and they basically laughed at us for even being mentioned. They made the entire conversation about how he would fit with the Jets.

We have become the worst team in the NFL. Mainly because of Tepper. I have come to embrace the suckery! It's kind of humbling honestly. Never thought we would be that franchise, yet here we are...

25 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

i'm happy with Braswell, but if Chop dropped to 28, I'd think about moving up with our 4th.  But who knows where he is on our board?

I'm not as sold on Morgan as some of you, although I like what he's done so far.  Ain't nothing I can do but watch and keep my fingers crossed.

6 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

i'm happy with Braswell, but if Chop dropped to 28, I'd think about moving up with our 4th.  But who knows where he is on our board?

I'm not as sold on Morgan as some of you, although I like what he's done so far.  Ain't nothing I can do but watch and keep my fingers crossed.

I did a mock, but I do not get the Chop love--looking at his numbers.   I need to look more into it.  I see him as a dropper, based on what I know right now.  Braswell is a "DAWG" and I bet Morgan likes him.

Here is the mock I did just to see what it would look like: 

image.thumb.png.cb6a163d3c939254490c13902bfda6bc.png