• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unnecessary Bluntness: Do Panthers already have a draft crush?

I saw him play once or twice and he looked impressive. But what we really need is someone who can get separation and get open, and I didn’t see that, so he doesn’t feel like a fit in the second round for us as we need impact starters. But he’s exciting once he has the ball no doubt. 

• Pie 1

I think we are eyeing up red zone/contested catch weapons right now so Legette fits right into that as where he wins. Outside of snatching a prospect like Brian Thomas Jr or Adonai Mitchell that slips to us I think Legette is the next best option there early day 2.  He is older compared to the other similar style WRs in the range (23 vs 20/21) but seems to get a pass on his development in scouting reports because this is his first year of big production.  Still his size/speed/strength combo along with run blocking prowess makes him very appealing. I expect a big receiving threat type at TE is coming too to help in that role.

Edited by Untouchable

1 hour ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Completely different than Mingo 

How?  Legette is a few months older.  They had the exact same 10 yard split.  Same weight, Mingo is 1" taller.  Mingo has longer arms and much bigger hands.  (Legette has really small hands for a receiver).  They had the same vertical, Mingo had a better broad jump.   Legette runs faster in an untouched straight line.  Both struggled to get seperation in college and had one good year.   Both were known for contested catches because they didnt get open or run very good routes.  Neither did any of the agility drills because neither has very good change of direction or quickness.

Edited by Tr3ach
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

I'm only paying attention to the first round draft to make sure he doesn't get picked before us.

I have heard 0 talk of him going in the first.  Ive heard more talk of him potentially falling to the third than going in the first.

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Never trust a man named Tr3ach

It used to be Pantherspride84 or something 13 years ago or so but i totally forgot all that account info a long long time ago and ive mostly always lurked anyways so just made a new one a few years back.  Im not claiming to have any sort of inside information or anything.  I just listen to a lot of draft podcasts and such and ive never heard anyone ever mention him possibly going in the first.   So I'm just basing it on that and my own opinion from what I've seen.

Edited by Tr3ach
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Beast_3000 said:

I live in Columbia, SC. He was a dual threat QB coming out of high school that played receiver too. He was  rated as an athlete coming out of highschool so he had learning to do in terms of positional nuances. He didn’t convert completely to wideout until his sophomore year in college I believe. 

He was running Wildcat against App State in 2019, I remember that. 

such a great game. I re-Watch it a few times a year. Sadcock fans. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, Panthero said:

If we need an X, I'd rather have Keon Coleman. He seems to have that short area quickness that will work better for the Bryce offense. Still get a physical guy that do contested catches but doesn't need a runway like Legette and Tez Walker to take advantage of their speed. 

Keon Coleman Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

He’s not sudden and doesn’t have great speed, so beating press and creating breathing room against tight man coverages will depend on his ability to improve as a route-runner.

Weaknesses

• Press coverage can blanket his release and catch a ride.
  • Below-average acceleration getting out of breaks and cuts.
  • Could struggle finding separation to avoid excessive contested catches.
  • Pie 1