• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft day Hypothetical

trade back for more picks or maybe a shuffling that allows us to trade one of our later picks for an earlier one...that's acceptable as well.

i just want to make sure that we don't lose any of the number of picks we have. keep the same number or get more. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, BullCityP said:

What alot of us are missing is that important 5th year option. If you trade up and hit on your pick that 5th year will be very valuable. 

An extra year to delay paying a player isn't really that great.  If they are phenomenal, you might have to or want to come to an extension before they are through their entire rookie deal.

If you hit on enough players that you are having trouble deciding which to sign long term, that's a great problem to have.  And not one that's going to be solved by a 5th year option.

If the quality of players is roughly equal between the late 1st and mid 2nd, I'd rather have more chances at picking a good player.

4 hours ago, CRA said:

last year the 33rd essentially just landed the trading team an additional 3rd round pick.  Everything else was swapping picks. 

I'd rather just draft BPA at 33

I am pretty sure that this draft is so loaded that there will be a first round talent at #33, making it difficult to trade out of--If Chop Robinson (probably the top 3-4 Edge that could be there) or Adonai Mitchell (arguably the top WR with a first round grade) is there--no brainer.

Now, since you didn't ask, bonus analysis:

• Chop Robinson is the fourth rated Edge in the draft, and I see him going to either Buffalo at #28 or Detroit at #29
  • Mitchell will be the fifth or sixth WR off the board, and unless the Chiefs go for Keon Coleman, there is no way Mitchell gets by KC

I see the Panthers drafting from the following positions in round 2:  Edge, WR

I see the Panthers drafting from the following positions after round 2:  CB, TE, C, WR

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I am pretty sure that this draft is so loaded that there will be a first round talent at #33, making it difficult to trade out of--If Chop Robinson (probably the top 3-4 Edge that could be there) or Adonai Mitchell (arguably the top WR with a first round grade) is there--no brainer.

• Chop Robinson is the fourth rated Edge in the draft, and I see him going to either Buffalo at #28 or Detroit at #29
  • Mitchell will be the fifth or sixth WR off the board, and unless the Chiefs go for Keon Coleman, there is no way Mitchell gets by KC

I see the Panthers drafting from the following positions after round 2:  CB, TE, C, WR

well, the team that traded for the 33rd last year was for a QB that slid... 

I mean, and all they got was a 3rd.  That's some bad recent precedent in terms of value to get out of it.  and we are the Panthers.....so we probably would trade the 33rd for a 8th rounder.  Only to realize, that didn't exist.  

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If Chop Robinson is there he would be the no brainer pick for me. Then follow with massive DT Sweat at 39 and we have a very exciting defense. Then go best WR in the 3rd round.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Martin said:

If Chop Robinson is there he would be the no brainer pick for me. Then follow with massive DT Sweat at 39 and we have a very exciting defense. Then go best WR in the 3rd round.

Sweat was who I liked but with AShawn Robinson now I’m not sure if it’s a must. And either Robinson at 33 I could live with. 

18 minutes ago, Martin said:

Glad you said this, i am really high on Sweat and think him and Brown would make a great tandem. Nobody would be able to run the ball on us.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

well, the team that traded for the 33rd last year was for a QB that slid... 

I mean, and all they got was a 3rd.  That's some bad recent precedent in terms of value to get out of it.  and we are the Panthers.....so we probably would trade the 33rd for a 8th rounder.  Only to realize, that didn't exist.  

I mean, I like a solid well-timed "I mean" as much as the next guy, but...it's getting a bit out of control.

image.thumb.png.5ca1843bf45db2cffc035a13c42b7c65.png

I'm strongly against trading up into R1 unless it's for Jackson Powers Johnson. And even then I'm not willing to part with any 2025 picks,  we're already down a R2 pick in 2025 from the trade up for Bryce last year.

Just generally speaking when you're a shitty team you want to get more picks instead of giving them away. That's part of what screwed Fitterer he kept giving away picks till the very end and it put us in the meteor sized hole we're trying to climb out of right now.

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Beer 1