• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OT: The Deion & Shedeur Sanders Circus

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Eli's dad did it. Nobody made a big deal about it.

I can't get mad when we have seen this before. These guys played in the NFL and both had high profile QBs as their sons. They have more power than a regular dad with no NFL experience.

i thought it was a douche move back then. everyone did. eli looked like a entitled prick for it.

and just because it's happened before doesn't make it any less maddening.

• Pie 7

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

it made no sense where it had gotten.  Way too much money.  But now these high profile college kids are getting F U money in college.  Changes the mindset. 

true. all you have to be able to do is be marketable and generate any kind of hype, warranted or unwarranted, and you make bank. 

I think Hunter is the real deal but I am getting off the hype train for Shedeur.  The posturing is one thing and I think he has the best interest of his players in mind but as a consequence he is putting a lot of extra pressure on himself and his young players to perform.  A college QB from a 4-8 team + all the Sanders baggage makes one hesitate. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

You draft him, you draft his dad, you probably have to draft his brother, you draft their entourage, you draft the paid paparazzi. He'll be the NFL's Mariah Carey... massive diva that starts performing that one song before the end of October and you'll be sick to death of it by December. The only difference is that Nick Cannon can't get this one pregnant.

He'll ruin more HCs than he'll win rings.

In fairness, this was the case with the Ball kids and outside the media making it a circus it had very little impact on their NBA careers.

TBH, this is a media creation and nothing else. If they are difficult to deal with has players(which those enter the league every cycle) it will be known and they will drop accordingly. 

Also, take with a grain of salt that it's Deion talkikg for two legal adults that may or may not share his views on this.

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i thought it was a douche move back then. everyone did. eli looked like a entitled prick for it.

and just because it's happened before doesn't make it any less maddening.

It wasn't a douche move back then and it isn't now. Archie Manning was a great QB and his entire career was basically wasted playing for a terrible franchise who didn't care about winning or putting any talent around him for basically the entirety of his career. We seen that happen to so many greats in the past like Barry Sanders and Deion with the Falcons. As fathers, they don't want their offspring to go through the same nonsense! The Chargers ran a crap organization and there are terrible organizations now who are basically waiting to draft players and ruin their careers. Even recently, in our organization we had two certain HOF players in Cam and Luke. After two shortened, mismanaged careers, there is little guarantee that either will be in Canton with zero chips and just a handful of faint memories of their impact on the league. Poorly run organizations don't deserve to keep putting in crap ass effort and getting new bodies for their asylums. 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

It wasn't a douche move back then and it isn't now. Archie Manning was a great QB and his entire career was basically wasted playing for a terrible franchise who didn't care about winning or putting any talent around him for basically the entirety of his career. We seen that happen to so many greats in the past like Barry Sanders and Deion with the Falcons. As fathers, they don't want their offspring to go through the same nonsense! The Chargers ran a crap organization and there are terrible organizations now who are basically waiting to draft players and ruin their careers. Even recently, in our organization we had two certain HOF players in Cam and Luke. After two shortened, mismanaged careers, there is little guarantee that either will be in Canton with zero chips and just a handful of faint memories of their impact on the league. Poorly run organizations don't deserve to keep putting in crap ass effort and getting new bodies for their asylums. 

crap organizations have no chance of not being one unless the draft works the way it's supposed to. the team with the worst records get opportunity to better itself by having for shot at who they think is the best talent coming into the league. 

bypassing that is, in my opinion, a douche move. i don't care who your daddy is. daddy can keep out of it.

• Pie 3

Shedeur Sanders is just pre knee injury Teddy Bridgewater. He'll be a fine QB but he's not gonna be one of the best QB's in the NFL. I do however respect Deion's passion and him wanting what's best for his sons and his players but at the end of the day the NFL is a business, and I don't see teams caving to the demands of what will be a middle of the road starting QB. Shedeur will be over drafted next year due to next year looking like it's going to be a weak QB class. That's probably why he chose to go back for another year at Colorado because him and his dad know that he's pretty much guaranteed to be the first QB of the board in the 2025 draft whereas if he came out this year, he'd be 4th or 5th QB picked depending on how a team views JJ McCarthy. 

39 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

In fairness, this was the case with the Ball kids and outside the media making it a circus it had very little impact on their NBA careers.

TBH, this is a media creation and nothing else. If they are difficult to deal with has players(which those enter the league every cycle) it will be known and they will drop accordingly. 

Also, take with a grain of salt that it's Deion talkikg for two legal adults that may or may not share his views on this.

Let's wait and see how it works out. I watched a few of those Colorado games this past season and well, he had some great moments and he had a lot of moment that need some work. 

When it comes to the pros, it'll play out pretty quick either way. And I love some PrimeTime, he was phenomenal on the field, has been a great commentator and he put his money where his mouth was as a coach. And I think he said some stuff that needed to break open some of the barriers that had been quietly hiding out there.

That being said, there comes a point where things go from appreciation to a cult-like atmosphere. We all know where that heads.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CmC2k said:

Shedeur Sanders is just pre knee injury Teddy Bridgewater. He'll be a fine QB but he's not gonna be one of the best QB's in the NFL. I do however respect Deion's passion and him wanting what's best for his sons and his players but at the end of the day the NFL is a business, and I don't see teams caving to the demands of what will be a middle of the road starting QB. Shedeur will be over drafted next year due to next year looking like it's going to be a weak QB class. That's probably why he chose to go back for another year at Colorado because him and his dad know that he's pretty much guaranteed to be the first QB of the board in the 2025 draft whereas if he came out this year, he'd be 4th or 5th QB picked depending on how a team views JJ McCarthy. 

to date, college Sanders is way too risk adverse.   That never works out in the NFL well. 

He’s not even THAT good, I’m not even convinced he’ll be a great NFL QB

He just lead his team to what, a 4 win season?

Avoid him like the plague, I’d rather get the #1 pick and stick with Bryce for another season than draft this kid who will destroy and NFL franchise from the inside out.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Eli's dad did it. Nobody made a big deal about it.

I can't get mad when we have seen this before. These guys played in the NFL and both had high profile QBs as their sons. They have more power than a regular dad with no NFL experience.

People definitely made a big deal about it. Just because it’s been 20yrs and he ended up winning a couple Super Bowls while Rivers also ended up being very good nobody really talks about it anymore, but it was 100% a big deal at the time and not everybody was a fan. Also, if he had ended up not winning those Super Bowls and Rivers had, Eli would never hear the end of it.

• Pie 5

51 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The middle one could have been a pretty good college player, which may have lead to an NBA career with proper growth, but he took that from him.

And who knows how much better Lamelo could have been, and earlier, if he even was able to finish up his high school career normally.

And he likely ruined Lonzo’s career by forcing him to wear knock off walmart quality shoes instead of making a few million bucks to wear professionally engineered shoes to withstand the rigors of NBA play.

Lamar’s decisions 100% affected his kids careers for the worse.