• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OT: The Deion & Shedeur Sanders Circus

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He threw a lot of TDs too. A sack isn’t always a bad thing. Sometimes it’s the smartest play available. 

he did.   his stat sheet looks like played for a dominant team that steamrolled the Citadel and Furman every week.  Makes him look dominant if that's all you saw on him.   He plays prioritizing that stat sheet IMO.  

I'd like to see another 4 win QB with a stat sheet like his. 

17 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Yes the move was justified from Eli and Archie’s point of view in hindsight.

but that's now how it's supposed to work.

i have no problem with a player being choosy with where he goes as long as he has earned that right through play, just like the big contract. 

the draft isn't supposed to be treated like free agency where the player can pick and choose where he goes. it's an exception made for the privileged and it isn't right....hence the entitled prick. my daddy is important and he says i don't have to play by the same rules everyone else does. gimme what i want!

• Pie 1

Just now, rayzor said:

but that's now how it's supposed to work.

i have no problem with a player being choosy with where he goes as long as he has earned that right through play, just like the big contract. 

the draft isn't supposed to be treated like free agency where the player can pick and choose where he goes. it's an exception made for the privileged and it isn't right....hence the entitled prick. my daddy is important and he says i don't have to play by the same rules everyone else does. gimme what i want!

I agree it's not how its supposed to work.  I'm just saying that Eli's 2 Super Bowls with the Giants suggest it ended up working out best for him and his dad.  The guy was an average to good QB and is a potential Hall of Famer because of the team he went to.  His dad poured his entire career into a dog poo team, which obviously affected the situation.

But overall yes, I really wish players would not do this.  And as a fan of a dog poo team, I wouldn't want draft prospects turning us down.  Not sure how you solve the problem, since nobody wants to draft a disgruntled player that doesn't want to be there.

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Lonzo had a lower ceiling than Lamelo and the middle brother had the lowest ceiling. It all ended up likely the way it would end up anyway.

Lonzo will have a good career as a journeyman and be financially set. Lamelo could become a star player eventually.

Lonzo has lost what, 2 full years now and who knows if he'll ever get back to even being a starter.  He was a stud in college (I'm an Arizona alum, I know how good he was at UCLA) and was the #2 in the draft.  

Lamar didn't have time to screw up his career pre-NBA, but forcing him to wear BBB shoes cost him what could have been a much better career than just a journeyman.

And yes, while LiAngelo had the lowest NBA ceiling, the kid was a bucket getter and he would have been one of those type of 4 year college kids that goes down as a campus legend because he would be averaging 20 points a game his Junior and Senior seasons.

Lamar took that from him (sure, the kid made a mistake early in his UCLA career by shoplifting while on a team trip to China, like an idiot, but he'd have recovered and had a nice college career if not for Lamar making his decisions for him).

Sure, I'll give Lamar credit for everything he did for those boys growing up to put them into this position and set them up financially.  But that doesn't change the fact that once they were legit prospects, he torpedoed their careers at every chance he got.

5 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I agree it's not how its supposed to work.  I'm just saying that Eli's 2 Super Bowls with the Giants suggest it ended up working out best for him and his dad.  The guy was an average to good QB and is a potential Hall of Famer because of the team he went to.  His dad poured his entire career into a dog poo team, which obviously affected the situation.

But overall yes, I really wish players would not do this.  And as a fan of a dog poo team, I wouldn't want draft prospects turning us down.  Not sure how you solve the problem, since nobody wants to draft a disgruntled player that doesn't want to be there.

it worked out for them, which is just proof that the world works in favor of the privileged. i could give a rat's ass what his dad had to go through. it should not have been a factor.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

crap organizations have no chance of not being one unless the draft works the way it's supposed to. the team with the worst records get opportunity to better itself by having for shot at who they think is the best talent coming into the league. 

bypassing that is, in my opinion, a douche move. i don't care who your daddy is. daddy can keep out of it.

I understand the draft and how it works. Some teams are trying to rebuild, have had to press the reset button. They are not talking about those teams. They are talking about the toxic organizations like the ones who do not care about winning but care about people paying to come to the games regardless of the product they put out. I believe we were all recently complaining about Tepper raising ticket prices. The Atlanta Hawks did this for years as players and GMs came and went. The owner knew the community would support whatever he put on the court. So that's incredibly short sighted and surprises me coming from you. Yeah, I'll raise this kid, put all this work in his future, and then not have an opinion or use my influence to give him the hope for a better outcome in life. Or maybe your just another fan who cannot apply the same issues affecting regular Joes to professional athletes. Have you not ever looked out for someone going to a company, job, or situation and influenced them to steer clear?

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Lonzo has lost what, 2 full years now and who knows if he'll ever get back to even being a starter.  He was a stud in college (I'm an Arizona alum, I know how good he was at UCLA) and was the #2 in the draft.  

Lamar didn't have time to screw up his career pre-NBA, but forcing him to wear BBB shoes cost him what could have been a much better career than just a journeyman.

And yes, while LiAngelo had the lowest NBA ceiling, the kid was a bucket getter and he would have been one of those type of 4 year college kids that goes down as a campus legend because he would be averaging 20 points a game his Junior and Senior seasons.

Lamar took that from him (sure, the kid made a mistake early in his UCLA career by shoplifting while on a team trip to China, like an idiot, but he'd have recovered and had a nice college career if not for Lamar making his decisions for him).

Sure, I'll give Lamar credit for everything he did for those boys growing up to put them into this position and set them up financially.  But that doesn't change the fact that once they were legit prospects, he torpedoed their careers at every chance he got.

I mean, they are grown adults. Two of them with a ton of money. Their father is only capable of "ruining" them if they let him.

Every person has the choice when you become an adult to cut that umbilical cord. I don't really see obvious signs that is an issue with Lonzo or Lamelo.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, they are grown adults. Two of them with a ton of money. Their father is only capable of "ruining" them if they let him.

Every person has the choice when you become an adult to cut that umbilical cord. I don't really see obvious signs that is an issue with Lonzo or Lamelo.

Sure, they're grown adults now, but they were still "kids" when he was making their decisions for them, it's only so easy for a 19 year old to tell his dad no, even if he's the #2 pick in the NBA draft (in regards to him making Lonzo wear BBB shoes).

He pulled an 18 year old LiAngelo out of UCLA after they rightfully suspended him for stealing from a store while in China on a pre-season team trip.

And then he pulled a 17 year old Lamelo out of high school and had him play in some weird league for a year and then sent him to Australia for another year.

None of the instances are fair to say they were grown men who should have been able to make their own decisions.  Yes, they could have, but 99% of kids that age still mostly do what their parents advise them to do.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, NorthTryon said:

I understand the draft and how it works. Some teams are trying to rebuild, have had to press the reset button. They are not talking about those teams. They are talking about the toxic organizations like the ones who do not care about winning but care about people paying to come to the games regardless of the product they put out. I believe we were all recently complaining about Tepper raising ticket prices. The Atlanta Hawks did this for years as players and GMs came and went. The owner knew the community would support whatever he put on the court. So that's incredibly short sighted and surprises me coming from you. Yeah, I'll raise this kid, put all this work in his future, and then not have an opinion or use my influence to give him the hope for a better outcome in life. Or maybe your just another fan who cannot apply the same issues affecting regular Joes to professional athletes. Have you not ever looked out for someone going to a company, job, or situation and influenced them to steer clear?

1) that's all subjective. You don't like a team for whatever reason you work the system and manipulate the process giving your kid an unfair advantage. Sorry, there's no way you can frame it that would make it ok. Why don't other former players do this for their kids? Because they know it's wrong. Pure and simple, it's wrong.

2) the NFL is a completely different situation. The kids don't go to work for the teams initially. They go to work for the NFL and the rules are there for all players entering the league through the draft and it absolutely should be applied and held to unilaterally regardless of who someone's dad is.

Would I meddle with the process to get my kid in a better situation? Hell no, because regardless of any situation the fall into, they will have made it to the top abd should be proud just for that fact and should take pride in just being admitted to the club where they stand to make more than any other members of mine or any other family could ever hope for.

It's just not right and it shouldn't be.

College football is the wild wild west at this point so why not have players that publicly refuse to play for certain teams.  NIL created this monster and there is no taming it.