• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OT: The Deion & Shedeur Sanders Circus

The funny thing to me is that nobody in six pages has mentioned that Shedeur has worked with Tom Brady in the off season since his sophomore year and is signed to TB12 clothing line as well as it being documented that Brady is one of his chief mentors. But yeah, let's keep on calling everything to do with this situation a circus and call the young man a headcase because you dislike Deion. 

I see this as a future problem for the NFL. You will have numerous players stating " I will only play for dallas, NY, etc etc". They better solve it fast, cause no player will be including jaguars, panther, or non-burrow beaguals on their list of "approved" teams..... League will be 8 teams max.....

Plus Shedeur is not not good enough to make this demand either, wake up deion......

7 hours ago, CRA said:

Also, newest of new school folks like Deion are now simply mimicking what Dabo and Saban were saying from the jump. 

NIL is fine.   NIL isn’t the reality that exists.  It just pay to play being called NIL at this point.  

yeah, you have to adapt. If it isn’t going to be actual NIL….more adapting will need to happen and the current path has more altering that will need to occur. 

The money from NIL is sure to run out when folks donating to the collectives dont see any returns on their "investments".  I mean why give money to pay players when you are only winning 5 games.  People are giving now because its new, thats not going to last

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The money from NIL is sure to run out when folks donating to the collectives dont see any returns on their "investments".  I mean why give money to pay players when you are only winning 5 games.  People are giving now because its new, thats not going to last

It’s not new.   It’s now legal, open and easy.   Which should bring even more cash to the table being it’s all legal right now for the big schools.  So you now can bring in the wealthy boosters who would have stayed away from the old model where it was “illegal” to pay guys and done in secret. 

NIL is new.  But we aren’t talking name, image, likeness.  That’s not what these college athletes are really getting.   An irrelevant few.   Or a tiny check to all for a video game.  Actual NIL money isn’t flooding college football.  

Texas A&M boosters essentially just create a pool of cash for there team to go out buy/rent players.    That’s not NIL  That professional ball.  That’s now college football.  If you want that? So be it.  But you still have to change the format of college football IMO if they stay that path.   Add divisions or something to create comparable worlds. 

• Pie 1

On 3/25/2024 at 4:12 PM, CRA said:

I think NIL has to change.  It's not "NIL" at this point anyway.  It's just bags of cash to play.  I mean, if it doesn't change.....it's just going to be professional sports at the high levels of college sports.

everyone wanted to hate on Dabo, Saban, and the likes at the time.  But, they were right. The masses were being sold NIL and no one had a problem with it, including Dabo....but NIL isn't where it was going.  At the current pace, it just going to end as professional ball without some correction. 

Agree.  At this point, college football is a poorly run semi-pro league and I suspect it will get worse before it gets better, if it ever gets better.  

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Sanders is an OK QB but he's not necessarily a Franchise QB.  I'd draft him and watch him sit for a couple years until he's obsolete.   Sanders makes the William's fiasco about partial ownership seem like child's play.

Sanders is going #1.

He played with the worst Oline in college football.

If people can stop focusing on the hype surrounding Colorado they will see this kid has real special talent as a passer. If that Oline improves he's going to be the best QB in college football next season.

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Sanders is going #1.

If people can stop focusing on the hype surrounding Colorado they will see this kid has real special talent as a passer. If that Oline improves he's going to be the best QB in college football next season.

I watched several of his games and true he's a talent.  I wouldn't say he's going to be the Best QB in college football next season.  Maybe, but I won't hold my breathe.  Hunter made him much better.  If you watched the games Hunter was out, he was just OK. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Sanders is going #1.

Sanders helps make a bad OL the worst in college football. 

31 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I watched several of his games and true he's a talent.  I wouldn't say he's going to be the Best QB in college football next season.  Maybe, but I won't hold my breathe.  Hunter made him much better.  If you watched the games Hunter was out, he was just OK. 

So you mentioned nothing about his terrible Oline he had to deal with that all season even with the hot start they had.