• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Payton Wilson on being a top LB, Luke Kuechly and inspiring his North Carolina town

the (bad) luck we've had with perpetually injured players over the years has e hitting the brakes with this one. i love the potential havoc he can bring. i hate the potential to get and stay hurt.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Injury history concerns me also as well as the mediocre results with former NC State players, all due respect to Wolfpack fans. Personally, I’d go with Edgerrin Cooper out of Texas A&M. Instinctual MLB that’s a heat seeking missile on blitzes and has good coverage skills. Would be a good complement with Jewell and eventual replacement for Shaq.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

the (bad) luck we've had with perpetually injured players over the years has e hitting the brakes with this one. i love the potential havoc he can bring. i hate the potential to get and stay hurt.

Yeah unless he drops to the later rounds we can't afford the risk associated with him.  

3 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Wilson is intriguing and I do love my Wolfpack but I worry with the way jury history. 

Yes, you should.  He is a stud, but even in that photo, he is wearing a shoulder brace.  for a LB, a shoulder problem can be devastating. 

2 hours ago, Future of the Funchise said:

I wouldn't mind taking a shot on him with a day 3 pick

He is being talked about in the first, but I see him gone long before round 4--of course, it depends on the intelligence teams have on him. 

2 things

1 - Panthers should just take him off their board because of injury.  Good player.  Too much damage already to his body IMO to come in and play ILB. 

2. let's stay away from NC State guys for a minute.  We haven't been exactly hitting homeruns there (no offense State fans). 

• Beer 2