• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill's Diggs to Houston for 2025 2nd rounder

28 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Trading a 2nd for a one year rental? And 22M guaranteed for one year?

I seen somewhere that he's still on a deal for like 18, 19, 16 in 25, 26, 27.....just no more guarantees. A little confused, which is it a FA in 25 or 18 for 2025 with no guarantees?

What does ability to be a free agent mean, diggs can be like "peace out fools, Im a free agent" after the year? I think Texans could do that if the 31 year old diva shows age. idk. 

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

I seen somewhere that he's still on a deal for like 18, 19, 16 in 25, 26, 27.....just no more guarantees. A little confused, which is it a FA in 25 or 18 for 2025 with no guarantees?

What does ability to be a free agent mean, diggs can be like "peace out fools, Im a free agent" after the year? I think Texans could do that if the 31 year old diva shows age. idk. 

From nfl.com:

As part of their deal to acquire Diggs, the Texans are eliminating the final three years of Diggs' contract, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Thursday. The move adds four void years to Diggs' deal, while moving money originally guaranteed for 2025 into 2024, effectively giving Diggs a one-year, $22.52 million contract, per Rapoport.

Diggs will become an unrestricted free agent in 2025, meaning his first season with the Texans could also be his last.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

If Diggs performs well then they bring him back on a new deal, if he carries over his problems from buffalo then they cut ties after this year with nothing attached. I get it.

Except he’ll be an unrestricted free agent so there’s no guarantee they get to bring him back if they want to. Pretty strange deal.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Except he’ll be an unrestricted free agent so there’s no guarantee they get to bring him back if they want to. Pretty strange deal.

Well thats why it goes back to what i said if he performs well, Houston feels like they are building a good culture over there players want to be apart of and problem think they can keep him longterm if everything goes right next year. Diggs has already spoken highly about stroud if im not mistaken so the interest was already there.

23 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

They could tag him. And honestly regardless of how he plays this year I’m not sure he’ll get more than he had on that contract anyways. Weird that he accepted that.

4 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Trading a 2nd for a one year rental? And 22M guaranteed for one year?

This is a move you make if you believe you've got a really small window and you're not looking long term.

Just a weird move. Maybe they just got lucky last year.