• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Poll - Temperature Check

WR Preference/Temperature Check  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like the most for us?

• Keon Coleman
    • Ladd McConkey
    • Troy Franklin
    • Ricky Pearsall
    • Xavier Legette
    • Ja'Lynn Polk
    • Roman Wilson
    • Javon Baker
    • Xavier Worthy
    • Other (Name & Explain)

1 hour ago, amcoolio said:

Charlie Campbell says Legette is reminiscent of Breshad Perriman coming out of college. Same size, speed, rawness and traits. Not exactly a ringing endorsement

But there's more comps to DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Deebo, and I even saw one to David Boston.

Daniel Kelly had a really interesting writeup on him.

https://firstroundmock.com/2024/02/xavier-legette-reminds-former-nfl-scout-of-these-legends/

Lots of ringing endorsements all over the place. People don't know what to expect, but from watching him last year they get a good sense of what he can be, and it's pretty stinking good

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Living in reality…all of the WRs that will be there at 33 have major flaws and all might bust.  This team has to take the best football player available.  We need talent.  With no first rounder we have to deal with it

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Living in reality…all of the WRs that will be there at 33 have major flaws and all might bust.  This team has to take the best football player available.  We need talent.  With no first rounder we have to deal with it

Major flaws?

Lol just a bit dramatic

I would prefer someone not made of glass and also someone who isn't super thin and tiny who will be injury prone and easily breakable in the pros. I realize size isn't everything in the NFL but to play safe the guy who only weighs about 165 pounds that suddenly became in the talks I would throw him out immediately. Steve Smith was undersized supposedly but he was still like 185-190 pounds. Huge difference.

16 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I would prefer someone not made of glass and also someone who isn't super thin and tiny who will be injury prone and easily breakable in the pros. I realize size isn't everything in the NFL but to play safe the guy who only weighs about 165 pounds that suddenly became in the talks I would throw him out immediately. Steve Smith was undersized supposedly but he was still like 185-190 pounds. Huge difference.

Pretty sure Devonta Smith hasn't missed a game in his first 3 years of 1000 yard seasons. About as skinny as it gets

30 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Pretty sure Devonta Smith hasn't missed a game in his first 3 years of 1000 yard seasons. About as skinny as it gets

He is tough for sure but I'm willing to bet has a history of that toughness in college and barely missed either. I feel like that's an outlier for a smaller guy though. I just want our top pick this year to be maximized and not be a TMJ bust but become a solid player who isn't injury prone.

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

But there's more comps to DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Deebo, and I even saw one to David Boston.

Daniel Kelly had a really interesting writeup on him.

https://firstroundmock.com/2024/02/xavier-legette-reminds-former-nfl-scout-of-these-legends/

Lots of ringing endorsements all over the place. People don't know what to expect, but from watching him last year they get a good sense of what he can be, and it's pretty stinking good

I'm already sold on Legette but know him personally and had all too many interactions with him the past couple years because I'm biased and love the dude as a human being. He is going to be something special at the next level I can feel it. The person inside he is and the hungry to be the best he can be humble good guy is going to transfer well to being extremely coachable and able to develop as he goes. Not to mention an insanely great work ethic and maturity level not often seen in college. This guy is a total package and will amount to a great player for whoever is smart enough to take him.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I'm already sold on Legette but know him personally and had all too many interactions with him the past couple years because I'm biased and love the dude as a human being. He is going to be something special at the next level I can feel it. The person inside he is and the hungry to be the best he can be humble good guy is going to transfer well to being extremely coachable and able to develop as he goes. Not to mention an insanely great work ethic and maturity level not often seen in college. This guy is a total package and will amount to a great player for whoever is smart enough to take him.

The problem is the best receivers are self centred fugwits haha 

Corley not on the list but r. Wilson and Polk? Not a Polk fan at all and that's mighty high on r. Wilson, even though I'm a fan.

Went Franklin, but Corley is right up there if it's 39 or earlier. 

Outside the 2nd, I think there is still great value (Luke mcc, Washington, McMillan, B rice.....)