• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers extend defensive tackle Derrick Brown

Just now, PappyMay said:

after signing draft picks we will be down to about $4million. Wonder what Dan is going to do next to free up some cash. Get 1-2 more players.

They only need to be under the cap at the start of the new league year if I'm not mistaken.  Players will be cut and replaced until the 3rd game of the season. No need to worry about it right now or really anytime IMO. I never worry about the cap other than who it's tied up on.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, scpanther22 said:

Talk about a career turnaround lol

Turnaround? Brown was always a monster. He never got credit from some fans because he didn't get a lot of sacks. He's been working alone on the dline ever since he got here. He's always been good.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

after signing draft picks we will be down to about $4million. Wonder what Dan is going to do next to free up some cash. Get 1-2 more players.

Has the yearly structure come out yet? I'd be surprised if they didn't defer some of the hit to future years.

Also, there's always Taylor Moton's contract sitting out there, waiting to be extended/restructured.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Has the yearly structure come out yet? I'd be surprised if they didn't defer some of the hit to future years.

Also, there's always Taylor Moton's contract sitting out there, waiting to be extended/restructured.

I think they are going to let Moton play out this year and cut him next offseason.

I am pretty sure we are going to draft a T this year. 

Just now, beckersteen said:

"sends a message that the Panthers want to keep their own drafted stars"

Uhh jury is still out on that one lmao

Better player and teammate than Burns signed for less money. 

Giants are going to regret that contract.

• Pie 5

3 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I think they are going to let Moton play out this year and cut him next offseason.

I am pretty sure we are going to draft a T this year. 

What makes you think they would cut Moton?  He has been the only stable player on the line for a while.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Better player and teammate than Burns signed for less money. 

Giants are going to regret that contract.

OK, but when have we ever shown the desire to keep our own drafted talent? It's just a weird message to attach to this after trading away CMC, DJ Moore, Burns, Donte Jackson and letting YGM and Jeremy Chinn walk. I guess we still have Ian Thomas lol!

51 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Turnaround? Brown was always a monster. He never got credit from some fans because he didn't get a lot of sacks. He's been working alone on the dline ever since he got here. He's always been good.

I was unimpressed with him his rookie season and even his 2nd season. I honestly thought he was a bust. Then he just turned it on and made me look foolish. Which is fine by me. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1