• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AFS Podcast - Brugler's Latest Intel on the WR class

21 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

Surprised on Leggette’s ranking just based on many mocks having him going in the 1st half of the 2nd round all the way to some having the Bills/Chiefs taking him. 

I just hope if we take one of these dudes we hit on him. We need weapon talent more than any team in the NFL. 

Mock drafters see his measurables, check last year's stats, and just assume he's a really good prospect. I just think he has a lot of questions marks and isn't a good fit stylistically for what Bryce needs anyway. 

Bummed to hear that McConkey seems highly sought after. I agree that he's the best fit for us and Bryce. I also really like Polk and he might be a lot more realistic. Starting to seem like a long shot that McConkey will be an option for us.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

Yeah, I like his skill set, but I’m not sure he’s what we need…. Now I think him in KC he’d do hella damage with Mahomes… I guess that’s any good receiver though lol. 

I like him, he's fun to watch, but he makes me nervous if he's the only WR we walk away with.  

We're going to be flexing Dionte inside and out.  And then you've got Thielen who's better suited for slot but has slowed down and you can't bank on Mingo filling a roll consistently.    

It's why I think we need the guys that are technically advanced enough to put outside, create separation (not just be a 50/50 guy), and roll into motion inside and can be a chain mover with big play ability.  For me, it's why I lean towards AD, McConkey, Franklin, and Pearsall (to a degree).  But then, let's say, we land McConkey for example, absolutely turn around and see if we can grab Legette.  His upside could be much more interesting to land than a guy like Corley, D Walker, Javon Baker, or J Burton. 

• Pie 3

Thanks for posting.

I still want a center more than any other position. The Panthers don't have one and need somebody that can start there more than they need WRs, DEs, or whatever else. And a guy that couldn't cut it at center for other teams isn't going to magically be a good starting center for the Panthers either.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I love how Legette is said to have D.K. Metcalf type speed but is also compared to Jonathan Mingo, who has nothing close to that.

People compared Mingo to AJ Brown and Metcalf before anyone here knew Legette...so when they see Legette compared to AJ and DK, there's an obvious correlation - it doesn't hold a ton of water, because the original comp in 2022 was a bit meh, just marginal.

It was mainly because of Mingo coming from the AJ/DK Ole Miss factory and having similar body types.  You're right though, different types of guys.  Mingo didn't have Legette's top speed and hand catching/extension skills.  Was also in a really basic offense at Ole Miss.  

7 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I love how Legette is said to have D.K. Metcalf type speed but is also compared to Jonathan Mingo, who has nothing close to that.

He's about halfway in between. Faster than Mingo but definitely not as fast as DK.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

People compared Mingo to AJ Brown and Metcalf before anyone here knew Legette...so when they see Legette compared to AJ and DK, there's an obvious correlation - it doesn't hold a ton of water, because the original comp in 2022 was a bit meh, just marginal.

It was mainly because of Mingo coming from the AJ/DK Ole Miss factory and having similar body types.  You're right though, different types of guys.  Mingo didn't have Legette's top speed and hand catching/extension skills.  Was also in a really basic offense at Ole Miss.  

The Ole' Miss offense was probably like quantum physics compared to what Reich had us running last year.

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Man, April 26 from about 6am to 6pm will be HEATED on here 

I have been heated at the last couple drafts with Scott running things. Hopefully it will be different this year