• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to Legette, Panthers will draft Legette at #33

1 minute ago, CRA said:

my ideal draft is Ladd, Leggette with the WR double dip in rounds 2....then picking up Shipley, Bell and Stiggers late.  I'd be okay w/ the Shipley overdraft. 

Honestly I like the idea of double dipping but with the addition of DJ we might not have enough opportunities. He's known for wanting the ball he's been shown to make incredible plays over and over we should feed him ala Smitty in his prime with Ladd AT Mingo and IHM. We still have two decent TEs probably add another RB. Adding two rookie Wrs leaves no room for Mingo growth or IHM opportunities. I like how it looks getting two stud WRs but if we could dramatically benefit from a massive D Lineman or a stud CB or even a DE all of those positions would better impact the team it seems. 

Remember we feed AT all game last year this year that should be DJ getting a massive amount of targets followed by AT and Mingo sprinkle in our TE group we really don't have to many opportunities left in general to double dip at WR.

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

get him and pearsall

I love Pearsall. 

I see Mingo as our #2 so we really need the harder to find X outside receiver although it's possible Mingo could continue to develop into that roll.

Legette, Baker and Coleman could fit that role but I think they are middle to low 2nd rounders so we'd have to overdraft based on most big boards.  Out of those I do like Legette the best.  6'4" with 4.4 speed.

I also really like Worthy alot of his size puts me off as I can already see the whole team full of little people jokes.

• Pie 3

I have seen Legette going higher in a few mocks, but for the most part, he is a mid second round guy.  I like the kid--and he WANTS to be here-that is saying something.  I remember when we signed Star Loutulei or whatever, from Utah and he said at his presser (paraphrasing):  I guess I know now where I will be living for the next four or five years."

Legette is a boom or bust pick.  Of course, that translate to bust by the time the Huddle processes it.  He is a 21 year old kid who wants to play for his home state team and he is talking it up.  Good for him.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I have seen Legette going higher in a few mocks, but for the most part, he is a mid second round guy.  I like the kid--and he WANTS to be here-that is saying something.  I remember when we signed Star Loutulei or whatever, from Utah and he said at his presser (paraphrasing):  I guess I know now where I will be living for the next four or five years."

Legette is a boom or bust pick.  Of course, that translate to bust by the time the Huddle processes it.  He is a 21 year old kid who wants to play for his home state team and he is talking it up.  Good for him.

To set things in perspective, I wouldn't dislike drafting the kid, but  #33 is too high.   I'd be more okay at #39 and I'd run to the podium at #65.  At pick #33, we need an immediate contributor. 

I'd be happy with: Wilson, Leggette, Pearsall or McKinstry, Legette, Frazier etc..  As long as he's not our top pick.  He's got too much refining to do.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

yep. i mean this could be huge for us. not just excited about getting a job in the NFL, but excited about playing for his home team? there's no doubting his work ethic. the guy has constantly pushed himself for more opportunity and to make the most of those opportunities and never gave up. he could have easily transferred to another school who would have given him more opportunity but he stuck with it. 

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Kid had one good year in 5, is a sloppy route runner that needs work on his footwork and technique.  Not sure what the hell Morgan and co would be thinking if he is the pick at 33.  39 maybe but still feels too high.  33 should be a player that should be able to start sooner rather then later

If he is the pick at 33 then I definitely wont give him a complete pass on the Fitterer era because this is exactly who Fitterer would have taken.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Teams like the Chiefs can reach for project players because they have the depth and and team infrastructure to allow a kid to grow for a couple of seasons.   WE DO NOT HAVE THAT LUXURY.   This team needs as many immediate contributors as possible.  So taking this dude over McConkey would be absolutely retarded.  That said, it probably will happen.

He was in college for 5 years and did absolutely nothing until his 5th season.  He's a "project" thats older than Mingo already.  Old "raw" players basically never work.  We should have learned that by now.  That was our drafting strategy all the years Fitterer was here and it was our worst period of drafts.

It was probably something more along the lines of “we hope you make it to 33 because we’d love to make you a Panther” which is a far cry from “we’re definitely drafting you at 33 if you’re there” but an easy twist for the player to change it to “they told me they’ll draft me at 33”

29 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I’m not sure where you’re going with the Star comparison, he was an absolute stud here lol. Behind Luke he was the biggest impact player on our defense. That’s why it started falling off a cliff when he left. 

I like how we have a qb who can struggle with the deep ball and is better with timing routes, we have a questionable pass blocking oline, Canales said he wants the ball out in 2.6 seconds, we had no receivers who could create seperation last season, and we are expressing a lot of interest in receivers who have no quickness, can't create seperation, cant run routes, take time to get open at all, and only real potential is deep threats in Legette and Coleman.  Wtf are they doing?  I really just am hanging on to hope that these are all just smokescreens right now.

Edited by Tr3ach
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I like how we have a qb who can struggle with the deep ball and is better with timing routes, we have a questionable pass blocking oline, Canales said he wants the ball out in 2.6 seconds, we had no receivers who could create seperation last season, and we are expressing a lot of interest in receivers who have no quickness, can't create seperation, cant run routes and only real potential is deep threats in Legette and Coleman.  Wtf are they doing?  I really just am hanging on to hope that these are all just smokescreens right now.

I don’t think XL is just a deep threat. He is more of the physical YAC WR like Debo Samuel IMO. I’m not a fan of his at 33 as there should be better options. 

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t think XL is just a deep threat. He is more of the physical YAC WR like Debo Samuel IMO. I’m not a fan of his at 33 as there should be better options. 

I just dont see Deebo potential.  Hes not as explosive as Deebo.  Deebo also has more quickness and better yac skills in my opinion.   I see him being closer to Shenault than Deebo.   If its in the 3rd then I'm fine with it but in the 2nd i want legit receiver/s, not gadget players.  In this deep of a wr class I see no way you take the older gadget player with 1 year of success in 5 years of college at 33.