• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to Legette, Panthers will draft Legette at #33

I personally don’t want Leggette.  Coleman is my guy.  I was extremely high on Leggette based on the 2 games I watched him but those were clearly his best games.  He has very stiff hips and is a straight line player (great speed with a build up) but not much else.  I think he is a third round guy especially with the WRs in this draft.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I personally don’t want Leggette.  Coleman is my guy.  I was extremely high on Leggette based on the 2 games I watched him but those were clearly his best games.  He has very stiff hips and is a straight line player (great speed with a build up) but not much else.  I think he is a third round guy especially with the WRs in this draft.

what exactly does Coleman offer over Leggette?  

I get not loving Leggette,  I don’t get liking Coleman if you don’t like Leggette though 

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

I get not loving Leggette,  I don’t get liking Coleman if you don’t like Leggette though 

Leggette is more mechanical in this movement and lacks any kind of hip movement.  If he has a runway he can blaze but he is easily controlled with him moving east west.  He was targeted 90+ times last season and was clearly their go to player.  I personally think Keon is a more natural WR and if he would have run a 4.50 would be mid first.  He was plenty fast on the field.  I think Keon can be a really good #2 in this league 

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Those are mock drafts and in a scenario where there is a crazy run on WRs, he could sneak into the back half of the first round. Is that likely?  I'd put a 1% chance on it.

I'm familiar with that draft site and they have HUNDREDS of mock drafts, so yes, you can find some with some outliers.

That was the first page of them. And that crazy run is highly likely to happen. What's highly unlikely he'd make it out of the second round. Same with a lot of WRs. 14-15 could be gone by the end of the second and he's probably about the middle of that pack.

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

There's not a lot separating them except maybe speed (Leggette) and more consistent production over the years (Coleman).

17 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Leggette is more mechanical in this movement and lacks any kind of hip movement.  If he has a runway he can blaze but he is easily controlled with him moving east west.  He was targeted 90+ times last season and was clearly their go to player.  I personally think Keon is a more natural WR and if he would have run a 4.50 would be mid first.  He was plenty fast on the field.  I think Keon can be a really good #2 in this league 

Legette IMO is the better athlete, faster than Coleman and better at the contested jump ball 

I think you can knock both of their route running and press issues.  89 doesn’t like Coleman’s route running in pads or in shorts.   

89 consistently talked about Coleman’s interviews turning teams off.  Wish he would have elaborated on exactly why he was turning teams off but he didn’t.

I just think in terms of ceilings I’d rather gamble on the guy with the highest one and to me that’s Legette 

16 minutes ago, Shocker said:

For as much as you're banging Legette, Coleman can't even get open at all.

Edited by top dawg

If they draft Leggette, the thought process must be that he'd fit a scheme that Canales wants to implement. Thinking Canales plans to scheme him open more than put him in 1v1 situations all game. 

The Panthers have been taking that approach for as long as I can remember. You run your route, and you run your route, and if you beat your defender then you may get the ball. I don't think this team has ever had consistent route concepts that schemed guys open. I was hoping Frank would bring that here with the mesh concept, but I don't recall seeing much of that during the season. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I think this is postering to get AD Mitchell to fall and another team interested in Legette

But the Panthers have typically telegraphed their moves, shown over multiple front offices, so unless he goes earlier Legette is likely the pick

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

This. Stiffy McGee. You watch him and he has no fluid route-running skills. He just runs himself open and plays jump ball.  He’s at that level and is a 5th year. 

Make it NFL speed, NFL talent, and this kid, as emotional his story is and being local and all, is going to hit a brick wall. 

Have we learned nothing? Seriously. This would be such an aggravating selection. Another plus athlete with the potential needing to be tapped. He’ll need to be designed around and not with until he can develop.