• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Xavier Legette WR - Pick 32, Round 1

6 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Not a bust but moving up with better available is Panthering.

Moving up (trading a fifth rounder for a sixth) gave us a fifth year option--well worth it when you see that WRs are making over $30m now.  As for the "better available" comment--not everyone agrees with you.  I saw him mocked in the first round by some.  He had a wide range.  Do you know how or where they plan to use him?  220 lbs, over six feet tall, good hands, and runs a sub 4.4.  I get it that he is a bit unknown, but it sounds like the Panthers did their howework. Sounds like he really wants to be here.  I think you will change your mind soon.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, WestPanthers said:

Some of yall b*tch about trading 1 spot up to get XL then think about Atlanta use 8th overall to pick Penix while they signed 4 yrs with Coursins......

Some just want to bitch.  I think this was an incredibly smart move by Morgan--well worth the late round pick swap--and I think XL has a ton of upside and potential--probably more than the others yet to be drafted. 

• Pie 3

Nobody can really understand this pick until the see the offense and how he will be used.  So bitching is premature.   XL is high risk high reward--and they did their homework.  I am willing to see what he can do

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Amazing watching the huddle.go from hating legette as a Mingo clone to praising him because of a potential 5th year option.

If he's good the 5th year option won't be of any value.

His real haters are still hating. Don't be fooled!

Don't you mean if he sucks, the 5th year option won't be of any value?

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Moving up (trading a fifth rounder for a sixth) gave us a fifth year option--well worth it when you see that WRs are making over $30m now.  As for the "better available" comment--not everyone agrees with you.  I saw him mocked in the first round by some.  He had a wide range.  Do you know how or where they plan to use him?  220 lbs, over six feet tall, good hands, and runs a sub 4.4.  I get it that he is a bit unknown, but it sounds like the Panthers did their howework. Sounds like he really wants to be here.  I think you will change your mind soon.

My bad, not being a downer, just seen this to many times. I'm not buying it but I really do hope I'm wrong. Guy is great in coverage, unfortunately he is always in it.