• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Xavier Legette WR - Pick 32, Round 1

5 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I've always appreciated this guys takes.  He's a big fan of Legette and ius starting to convince me otherwise of our direction at receiver (linked to Panthers timestamp):

What’s missing? A RB and a TE. Little does he know what we were going to do next…

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I've always appreciated this guys takes.  He's a big fan of Legette and is starting to convince me otherwise of our direction at receiver (linked to Panthers timestamp):

I’m very curious to see his reactions to our first picks on the next two days. 

Leggete not doing the agility drills at the combine was disappointing. His 10 yard split didn’t match his 40. 95% of the plays in a game  you don’t reach top speed but instead rely on quickness and route running savy. I wish we would have given Bryce another elite separator such as AD Mitchell or Lad. Heck, even  Roman Wilson was available in the 3rd who’s going to be a stud. Very disappointing in this pick. I’m crossing my fingers that I’m wrong. 

Edited by flagfootballcoach28
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

I've always appreciated this guys takes.  He's a big fan of Legette and is starting to convince me otherwise of our direction at receiver (linked to Panthers timestamp):

I ran across him last year and he has some well thought out analysis and decent takes. I saw something he put out recently in which he said he’s moving to Charlotte and he had a Panthers jersey on under whatever else he was wearing. Seems to be embracing the team even though I think he’s a Packers or Vikings fan or something like that. Good stuff.

36 minutes ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

Leggete not doing the agility drills at the combine was disappointing. His 10 yard split didn’t match his 40. 95% of the plays in a game  you don’t reach top speed but instead rely on quickness and route running savy. I wish we would have given Bryce another elite separator such as AD Mitchell or Lad. Heck, even  Roman Wilson was available in the 3rd who’s going to be a stud. Very disappointing in this pick. I’m crossing my fingers that I’m wrong. 

I liked Ladd a lot but the reality is We already had the route runner and separator in Dionte Johnson. We didn’t have the take the top off the defense jump ball huge catch radius type player that Leggete seems to be.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I hope I’m wrong but I really don’t like the Legette pick. I just feel like he’s going to be a Laviska Shenault with slightly better hands. Him being a one year wonder also scares me. 

I think Brooks will be a Deshaun Foster type, likely a steady back for a few years. 

I think Sanders will be the best pick in this draft for the Panthers. Really undervalued when you watch his tape. He managed to have that much production while sharing targets with Mitchell and Worthy. 

I'm cautiously optimistic. One good year out of 5 at South Carolina has me concerned. He's raw for sure...strong and fast...the skill set is there but needs to be polished around the edges; route running seems mediocre and has some drops. But if our coaching staff believes they can develop him into an NFL stud WR like DK Metcalf or similar, then I'm all about it. Hopefully he pans out...

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

yeah he's going to start off as kick returner and running a lot of 5 yard slants hoping for yac. He can run high crossers well too but I dunno if Bryce is going to be comfortable throwing into that area unless it's wide wide open