• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Xavier Legette WR - Pick 32, Round 1

10 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Probably not worth it's own thread but I called it. New England was trying to get to 32, so the Bills did us a solid. Traded to us not division rivals. New England was targeting XL

It blows my mind how many people I see freaking out about the trade saying it was pointless to move up since we had the next pick anyway. Obviously our FO already knew or got wind of another team liking him and made the move (for basically nothing). 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

It blows my mind how many people I see freaking out about the trade saying it was pointless to move up since we had the next pick anyway. Obviously our FO already knew or got wind of another team liking him and made the move (for basically nothing). 

yea I totally agree. The trade is worth it alone for the financial considerations given what WRs make nowadays. Further if we left this draft without a WR we felt good about it would be an F

1 minute ago, Johnstonny said:

Lets hope Canales can draw up some plays for Bryce to actually get him the ball...

If he has anything other 7 yrd curls in his playbook then you might see a better offense. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

20 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Gosh, loving some of these WRs haha.  Javon Baker was a riot in his opening presser.  

Kind of wish we double dipped in the 5th or 6th for a shifty/joystick type dude like Malik but oh well. : /

Nice kid, old school taste, I like it

41 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Gosh, loving some of these WRs haha.  Javon Baker was a riot in his opening presser.  

Kind of wish we double dipped in the 5th or 6th for a shifty/joystick type dude like Malik but oh well. : /

I'd like to have him as well but honestly I don't think we'll have enough targets to go around for Malik. DJ, one is that joystick type and two his man problem was he wanted more targets let's feature him with Sanders and sprinkle in AT, XL, and Mingo with touches to Brooks we can't manufacture that many touches to add another young weapon would you say?

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

Same, but Coker has potential. Really thought he would get drafted.

31 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

I'd like to have him as well but honestly I don't think we'll have enough targets to go around for Malik. DJ, one is that joystick type and two his man problem was he wanted more targets let's feature him with Sanders and sprinkle in AT, XL, and Mingo with touches to Brooks we can't manufacture that many touches to add another young weapon would you say?

I see all that and it makes sense. The thing I was hoping in getting as many pass catchers as possible was looking for that dream combo. But you got to have the targets to find out and it could take a couple seasons to get that groove going.