• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Jonathan Brooks RB - 46th Pick, Round 2

Hubbard's job until he loses it.

Brooks will spell him. 

Legette will line up in split back sets and sometimes start there with Brooks in the slot, I'm guessing. Allows for misdirection.

I think this is a good pick, but it all depends on that knee. If it goes this season at any point, bad pick.

Also ..dear God get grass in that stadium now 

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

Thats the whole point there really isnt any RB on the planet earth that is really moving the needle for any team. 

We had the best RB in football for a couple seasons and still only managed 5 wins. 

You either have a QB or you have nothing. 

No mid second rounder is moving the needle that much unless it's a QB relaxxxx

Just now, KSpan said:

The point is that workhorse backs are no longer a thing in the NFL. Loads are split and risks are hedged accordingly since each team carries a number of backs that all play.

That said, it is certainly better to have good backs than bad. I know nothing about this player and do feel Carolina has bigger needs but perhaps he truly is BPA.

Personally I love the pick. I love Matt Rhules wife's pick but exactly, he isn't him. I hated the Sanders pik up and got shizzed on to oblivion. Pay no attention and I hope I'm wrong on Leggette.

• Pie 2

Just now, KSpan said:

The point is that workhorse backs are no longer a thing in the NFL. Loads are split and risks are hedged accordingly since each team carries a number of backs that all play.

That said, it is certainly better to have good backs than bad. I know nothing about this player and do feel Carolina has bigger needs but perhaps he truly is BPA

To compete in the NFL you need talent loaded at skill positions, hell look at Dolphins man! To compete you need game breakers and this guy has that written on him 

3 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Hubbard's job until he loses it.

Brooks will spell him. 

Legette will line up in split back sets and sometimes start there with Brooks in the slot, I'm guessing. Allows for misdirection.

I think this is a good pick, but it all depends on that knee. If it goes this season at any point, bad pick.

Also ..dear God get grass in that stadium now 

It’s a clean ACL. The knee is fine. 

2 minutes ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

To compete in the NFL you need talent loaded at skill positions, hell look at Dolphins man! To compete you need game breakers and this guy has that written on him 

What have the dolphins won other than some regular season games? 

They arent winning poo going against PM, Josh Allen, Burrow, etc. 

Tua aint it. 

To compete you need an Elite QB. 

Edited by PootieNunu

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Tua aint it. 

Damn...I didn't know we had to win playoff games to be good...I was thinking that if we built a team that won 9-10 games we were going somewhere...

• Flames 1

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

Damn...I didn't know we had to win playoff games to be good...I was thinking that if we built a team that won 9-10 games we were going somewhere...

Im not interested in years of one and outs in the playoffs. Thats no better than years of 5 wins. 

We can make the playoffs but then we dont have a snowballs chance in hell of advancing.

We may as well be the Dak Cowboys or Cousins Vikings. 

3 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Tua aint it. 

To compete you need an Elite QB. 

They hung 70 on and NFL defense without an Elite QB sooooo we were the worst scoring offense I have ever seen....

You still want to argue you JUST need an elite QB now of days?