• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Draft: Day 3 (Rounds 4-7)

3 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

So what FA Centers are out there? Because relying on converting both Corbett and Mays to Center with no alternative seems insane.

Mays has played center before. I’d prefer we have a better backup but they seem ok with him. 

Just now, WUnderhill said:

I really wanted to come out of this draft with our future center and a depth piece at OT. It is what it is.

I agree with Center, but OT this year I think is fine. Nijman from the Packers has over 20 starts there and Brady has a few there too. Center though is certainly worrisome. 

3 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

So what FA Centers are out there? Because relying on converting both Corbett and Mays to Center with no alternative seems insane.

It is insane. The guy calling protections and with the shortest path to the QB should actually be a guy that's done it for a while. 

It's like driving from NY to LA with an oil leak. You know it's a really bad idea, and any sane person would tell you fix the leak, but hey, you got 3k miles to go and nothing is gonna stop you now, except a seized motor. 

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

No

Miami took Kamara (Edge CSU) right after we took Chau. We absolutely need edge and Kamara was not a Dolphins visit according to Walter Football who tracks visits well.

So, you’re wrong here and it took me one look at a guy I wanted us to take one pick prior because he was BPA. Miami took Chop in the first round so edge was no longer a need, yet they took Kamara because he was BPA.

Teams like Miami, who have successfully built playoff teams with a new regime do so by getting impact players and value in the draft. Teams like us, who suck for long times do so by not getting impact players and by throwing away picks via bad trades and by not really going BPA to find diamonds in the rough. We’ve had 0 diamonds in the rough in 6 drafts.

Just now, WhoKnows said:

Miami took Kamara (Edge CSU) right after we took Chau. We absolutely need edge and Kamara was not a Dolphins visit according to Walter Football who tracks visits well.

So, you’re wrong here and it took me one look at a guy I wanted us to take one pick prior because he was BPA. Miami took Chop in the first round so edge was no longer a need, yet they took Kamara because he was BPA.

Teams like Miami, who have successfully built playoff teams with a new regime do so by getting impact players and value in the draft. Teams like us, who suck for long times do so by not getting impact players and by throwing away picks via bad trades and by not really going BPA to find diamonds in the rough. We’ve had 0 diamonds in the rough in 6 drafts.

I didn't say they never do. I said they don't usually do that unless someone falls that they didn't expect to. The visits are based around guys they think will be available to them. 

The only linemen position I'm concerned about is center. I mean we technically have no legit guy on the team...everybody is being converted over to the position. You can't atleast grab somebody in the later rounds??

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Chad_Cota said:

I am shocked we did not pick any oline so far. 

Center for sure but yeah.  Another tackle would have been nice.  But shoot, a couple of the good centers we passed up could have played at guard or tackle and had experience there.