• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Chau Smith-Wade DB - Round 5, Pick 157

58 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Have you guys not looked at our roster? He is not getting cut for career practice squad talent level players.

Unless we sign Gilmore and Horn is healthy all year he’s likely a starter for us next season.  Especially if you consider the nickel corner a starter.

4 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Unless we sign Gilmore and Horn is healthy all year he’s likely a starter for us next season.  Especially if you consider the nickel corner a starter.

Hill, Scott and Dane are all respectable with experience inside and out. May not be well known but they’re Evero guys. Heck, even though Scott is a bit of a journeyman, he started a SB for Evero’s DB group in LA. 

So they know the defense and are capable vets if no newbies shine.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Seems slow for a 5’10 185lb corner tbh

I think it average for a 5th rounder type, I will check his senior bowl play (plenty of 4.4 WRs there) to see if its truly slow. 

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

Anyone defending these picks after all the draft classes this organization has pissed away needs to give their head a shake 

It works both ways, anyone complaining about picks in round 5-7 they’ve barely heard of is something else 

• Pie 1

Just now, Martin said:

It works both ways, anyone complaining about picks in round 5-7 they’ve barely heard of is something else 

I am willing to have an open mind, but after not having a good draft in God knows how many years and with the same structure is in place, he kindof has a point.  Being blindly optimistic is pretty nuts at this point

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am willing to have an open mind, but after not having a good draft in God knows how many years and with the same structure is in place, he kindof has a point.  Being blindly optimistic is pretty nuts at this point

I agree, somewhere in the middle makes a lot more sense. But proclaiming someone a bust immediately after they are picked in one of the later rounds is wild

• Pie 1