• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Jaden Crumedy DT Mississippi, Pick 200 Round 6

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

We need depth a rotational guys as well. If he can carve out a role then I say welcome aboard big guy.

I think he makes the team. One other thing I forgot to mention, Mike Leach passed away Dec 2022 and we promoted our DC to HC much before he was ready. Our defense took a massive step back because of this, we promoted our LB coach to DC and he also was not ready. The entire defense was a disaster last year due to external factors, if he didn’t get hurt 2022 and had continuity in 2023, legit believe he could have been a 3rd round guy. That’s a ton of ifs, but that’s what 6th round picks are for 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4

9 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Has a good chance to make the team

Current backup DE’s are Nick Thurman, LaBryan Ray and Raequan Williams 

Thurman is probably safe, the the other two are not secure at all. 

I think Crumley can back up NT / DT as well.  Until I started looking at the roster, I did not realize this was that much of a need....I hope this guy sticks.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

I think he makes the team. One other thing I forgot to mention, Mike Leach passed away Dec 2022 and we promoted our DC to HC much before he was ready. Our defense took a massive step back because of this, we promoted our LB coach to DC and he also was not ready. The entire defense was a disaster last year due to external factors, if he didn’t get hurt 2022 and had continuity in 2023, legit believe he could have been a 3rd round guy. That’s a ton of ifs, but that’s what 6th round picks are for 

His draft position doesn't matter anymore. He has to earn his way from here. Sounds like he has some talent. I wish him luck.

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Mock drafting judgments. I hate mock drafting takes. Anyone who does a mock draft thinks their an expert.  Mock draft my ass.

I’ve done mock drafts since forever and the one thing I can say for certainty is they never ever work out that way in real life.  The only thing useful in a mock is you learn a little about some players but no where near enough to claim you are an expert.  

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Just now, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I’ve done mock drafts since forever and the one thing I can say for certainty is they never ever work out that way in real life.  The only thing useful in a mock is you learn a little about some players but no where near enough to claim you are an expert.  

Bingo!!!

14 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Mock drafting judgments. I hate mock drafting takes. Anyone who does a mock draft thinks their an expert.  Mock draft my ass.

Okay.

Jon Snow's Ass - Tight End - Butte College

6th Round

Pros: 

Great size. Excellent Receiver. Always near the balls. Hungry. 

Cons:

Needs more time in the gym. Prone to spew poo on the field.  

Consensus:

Good late round prospect, but cracks and holes in his game taint his possibility of going any earlier. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Captroop said:

Okay.

6th Round

Pros: 

Cons:

Consensus:

Good late round prospect, but cracks and holes in his game taint his possibility of going any earlier. 

Sounds like a 1st round pick to me!

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Okay.

6th Round

Pros: 

Cons:

Consensus:

is this Ian Thomas scouting report?

• Flames 1