• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Exactly Is Your Criteria for Bryce in 2024 to Have Faith In Him Moving Forward 2025+ ??

How will Bryce do next year?   

175 members have voted

1. 1. How Will Bryce Do in 2024??

• He will explode for 4000+ 30+ TDs and lead us to playoffs
    • He'll make a reasonable improvement ~ 24 TD 3000 yards and well be competing for division
    • He'll make a marginal improvement ~ 19 TD 12TD and we'll have a 4-8 ish wins
    • He'll stay around the same 1/1 TD ratio and we are competing for a top 10 pick again
    • He'll be worse, very negative TD INT ratio and well be drafting/acquiring his replacement in the next offseason

My expectation is that he'll be marginally better than last year, but still not very good. For me to have faith in him, he'd need to show tangible improvement over the course of the season and be able to carry the team on his shoulders in at least one game. IMHO a franchise QB should have the ability to elevate the rest of the team and change the tide of a game in a positive way.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, jayflip said:

I feel like all y'all Bryce haters are severely underestimating how bad of a hire Frank was. CJ in last years offense would look atrocious and BY in the Texans offense would have lit the world on fire. 

have some faith. Or not. Seems like a whole bunch of ya enjoy being miserable. 

I don’t enjoy being miserable and worse yet paying to be 

He has one year.  

He showed very, very little…even when he could…or …of even knowing how to play the position in the NFL 

not his fault the Panthers were idiots …but this is a multimillion $ business and the current roster has been rebuilt for him and the past rosters destroyed to draft him

this ain’t Mater Dei and it ain’t Bama   Production not participation matters here 

he needs to average 2 to 3 passing TDs a game, when it matters not in cleanup and he needs to actually win games with his leadership 

Want I want to see is some cleanish pockets, competent play calling and weapons that can get open. If those things start happening regularly I believe we will start seeing the Alabama version of Bryce Young 

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

I don’t enjoy being miserable and worse yet paying to be 

He has one year.  

He showed very, very little…even when he could…or …of even knowing how to play the position in the NFL 

not his fault the Panthers were idiots …but this is a multimillion $ business and the current roster has been rebuilt for him and the past rosters destroyed to draft him

this ain’t Mater Dei and it ain’t Bama   Production not participation matters here 

he needs to average 2 to 3 passing TDs a game, when it matters not in cleanup and he needs to actually win games with his leadership 

It's not his fault the Panthers were idiots, but at the same time, he very purposefully did things in the lead up to the draft to try and deceive teams to help his draft stock.

Now I'm not saying he shouldn't try to maximize his draft stock, everyone does, but if he didn't manipulate a few very specific and key things, he wouldn't have gone #1 and been put into this situation.

I'm mainly talking about how they clearly put on temporary weight for the combine so he weighed in much higher than his playing weight, not throwing next to the other top passers so his weak arm wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb, and then not being weighed at his pro day after he lost all the temporary weight.

If he threw next to the other prospects or had his actual weight taken, I don't think we end up taking him #1 in the end as those weaknesses would have been so glaringly more obvious and we'd have gone with Stroud.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 4

As has been said, I really need to see us win because of him, not in spite of. My concern is getting fools gold again. We’re going to put so much primo talent around him… will it make him look better than he truly is? Will it look like Bama? 

I need to see at least 3-4 clutch 3rd and long conversions where he made it happen. The ability to throw in to the middle of the field on a rope. Better deep shot hookups. NFC offensive player of the week sure would be cool too. 

1 hour ago, Aussie Tank said:

Want I want to see is some cleanish pockets, competent play calling and weapons that can get open. If those things start happening regularly I believe we will start seeing the Alabama version of Bryce Young 

Alabama version of Bryce might just be Teddy Bridgewater 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

A, B, and C, 

A- shows improvement and people forget about last year.

B-  Hit and miss with serious questions going into year 3.

C- Horrible performance that leads to early benching or perhaps sustains an inuyry. 

7 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

It's not his fault the Panthers were idiots, but at the same time, he very purposefully did things in the lead up to the draft to try and deceive teams to help his draft stock.

Now I'm not saying he shouldn't try to maximize his draft stock, everyone does, but if he didn't manipulate a few very specific and key things, he wouldn't have gone #1 and been put into this situation.

I'm mainly talking about how they clearly put on temporary weight for the combine so he weighed in much higher than his playing weight, not throwing next to the other top passers so his weak arm wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb, and then not being weighed at his pro day after he lost all the temporary weight.

If he threw next to the other prospects or had his actual weight taken, I don't think we end up taking him #1 in the end as those weaknesses would have been so glaringly more obvious and we'd have gone with Stroud.

Maybe I haven't kept up, but how do we know he set our to deceive in order to keep his stock high? That's a strong character-indicting accusation. Especially when it's not all that different than what others have done in the past. The only potentially eyebrow-raising is not being weighed again. Otherwise, he didn't do anything in the draft process that others haven't done and won't do in the future. In fact, the fact that he put all his eggs in the basket of his own pro day (which he didn't look great at) actively opposes the idea of setting out to deceive.

The answer here is easy...if he can play at least eight games like already did against Green Bay--a playoff team--that would be a good sign to me. He doesn't need to show that he can do any one thing, but he needs to show that he can be consistent in playing at a high level.

1 hour ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Maybe I haven't kept up, but how do we know he set our to deceive in order to keep his stock high? That's a strong character-indicting accusation. Especially when it's not all that different than what others have done in the past. The only potentially eyebrow-raising is not being weighed again. Otherwise, he didn't do anything in the draft process that others haven't done and won't do in the future. In fact, the fact that he put all his eggs in the basket of his own pro day (which he didn't look great at) actively opposes the idea of setting out to deceive.

People say him not throwing at the combine was so you couldn't compare his arm and accuracy to others

The pro day didn’t even matter. Fitterer was on record as saying he had Young number 1 the year prior to the draft as well. Complete Hurney 2.0 blinders on like Greg Little. While every other team used the combine to see how bad Little really was (he was a mid 1st prospect before any draft bowls/workouts), we basically ignored them. I think we had the same blinders on here.

To the Panthers the combine didn't matter apparently they already had their mind made up. Not to mention people had seen his pro day and the deep passing concerns showed up there just as it had been at Bama (he had the worst deep ball by far between him Mac Jones Tua and Jalen Hurts). Most people agree he and his camp engaged in deception about his actual playing weight and not throwing at the combine was a strategic move. Whether or not someone feels that raises to the level of malicious is a personal opinion I guess. But knowing it got him drafted first overall and then he went on to have one of the worst passing seasons ever despite the circumstances does not necessarily put his actions before draft night in a positive light. It also does not help matters that the GM who risked it all to draft him and lost his job in the process talked about Bryce Young getting into the weight room and then Bryce Young shows up this month looking every bit exactly the same. All of this puts even more pressure on Bryce Young in his second season. Hopefully he rises to the occasion. If not this is going to go down as one of the most cautionary draft stories in many years. Stay tuned.

• Pie 1