• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Panthers signing Rashad Penny

35 minutes ago, CRA said:

image.jpeg.d7a655d3ff7b348a57710e31d814664a.jpeg

should of just kept this dude.  I mean, he actually can play 90s era football.  

Canales had the worst rush O and ran into fewer loaded boxes than almost every team in the entire NFL 

If that is true, then one more time.....SHould have kept RIvera as well, even if it was time. The whole point was to bring the Panthers into more modern system. Choosing RHule was the first huge mistake, cause he wanted to do was 90s stuff as well.......then fire the one coach that was passing orientate, the next big mistake.

Wilks just looked at what they did well and got rid of the other plays..... and he went 6-6 and should have made the playoffs if not for the choke job. 

I didn't want rhule AT ALL and wasn't on the wilks wragon either.  Shane Steichen was my only pick, but he didn't zoom well or whatever that means. He is a 10x better QB coach than candy man. 

The issue is that 90s era ball can still win games and there's a good chance its the best way for the Panthers to win. The rams and 49ers have gotten picked clean, might as well give Matt Nagy another shot after next year......

The defenses have caught up, scoring was down this past year across the league. 

2 hours ago, CRA said:

2 RBs likely aren’t going to be ready for camp loads.  And you can’t put too much on Hubbard who is the best RB we got going into the season. 

They not keeping 5 RBs, I don't understand yalls infatuation with Blackshear.  They can drop him without any real dead cap and if they need him later he will be there

Having a guy who should be our RB1 moving forward in JB (that can pass catch) allows for us to just grab guys they think can be good fits. Penny at his pro best looked damn good to close out 2021, much better than anything we’ve seen recently, so I welcome it.

I’m not content with much on this team and offensive skill positions need some damn competition.  Tired of presuming content just bc we filled a need before we even know what they bring. Make them fight.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, demcj said:

i still believe, with or without wilks, it was a big mistake not using what he built in half a season as a foundation.

At least you could see some sort of design, for better or worse. I don't think he woulf have led us much higher than around .500 but there would have been something logical to see. The Rhule and Reich eras were the opposite of logical. 

I guess we will see what the Canales era(although likely short) looks like.

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

At least you could see some sort of design, for better or worse. I don't think he woulf have led us much higher than around .500 but there would have been something logical to see. The Rhule and Reich eras were the opposite of logical. 

I guess we will see what the Canales era(although likely short) looks like.

Things had been so ugly for so long, and Wilks had us on track to beat the teams we should beat. Which weren’t a ton but it was the first watchable Panthers football in years. And didn’t seem ugly to me. 

• Beer 1

I for one am excited about pounding the ball. I only started watching football (Im a Canadian so give me a break) during the Fox era of football and only in 2004. So I fell in love with nothing more than pounding the ball and good defense. But I think that if we can establish the run AND also put BY in the best position to be a play maker we have a helluva a team. 

• Pie 2

Posted (edited)

If the defense can come together there might be some watchable games this year. The offense is basically that of an expansion team but not without some intriguing potential. 

New players all over, new coaches all over, it might really be bad early. That is where the running game and especially some above average defense could keep us from stinking it up too bad. 

I think the last 7 games are going to be a better representation of the team than early on. I don’t know the schedule late (probably division heavy) but the idea is just that things are starting to be comfortable for the OL, the young skill guys, etc. 

Edited by strato