• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another Reason The Panthers May have Traded Up To Get Legette

Legette has the most upside of any WR in this draft.  That does not mean he is better, but the room between where he is and where he could become is wider than anyone else--very close to Mitchell.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Is it  worse than being pessimistic about the season way before it starts?

no offense and I certainly dont want to get into a pissing match with a mod but damn man you seem really upset about posters that have a realistic outlook on the season and franchise in general.   This team for basically a decade has not given us poo to look forward to and being unrealistically optimistic doesnt make one a super fan or something.  Once this team turns the corner and shows something then we can hop on board the train.  Until then tepper is still the owner and we are still a 2 win team.

• Beer 3

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

no offense and I certainly dont want to get into a pissing match with a mod but damn man you seem really upset about posters that have a realistic outlook on the season and franchise in general.   This team for basically a decade has not given us poo to look forward to and being unrealistically optimistic doesnt make one a super fan or something.  Once this team turns the corner and shows something then we can hop on board the train.  Until then tepper is still the owner and we are still a 2 win team.

Who is to say what's realistic and, even at that....who the fug cares what anyone's "realistic" take is?

I'm not upset by anyone's take on it. I'm just an advocate for something other than the take that there's no reason to be optimistic.

A realistic take, in my opinion (because there is no objectivity in anyone's take at this point) is that the season hasn't been played yet and there's been movement that can be seen as us heading in a positive direction ...or a negative one, depending on your perspective.

I don't believe the part to be an accurate predictor of the future if changes have been made.

And don't think you aren't allowed to get in a discussion with me just because I'm a mod. I don't ban people for disagreeing with me.

I just look for reasons to feel good about the team. It's easy to feel like crap about it based on the past. I'm just tired of feeling like that so i quit. We aren't losing yet so why not take a moment to feel ok about what's going on? Again, that's just me. I'm giving an alternative to the easy pessimistic takes.

• Pie 5

23 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Legette has the most upside of any WR in this draft.  That does not mean he is better, but the room between where he is and where he could become is wider than anyone else--very close to Mitchell.

The guys who are the top 3 in the draft compared to XL have less room for growth. Especially Harrison. He's been groomed his whole life for this by a legend. He's naturally gifted and well trained for being the top. He'll get better, but he won't get much better than where he is right now, imo...not compared to XL.

I'm not saying that XL will be better than Harrison, just that Harrison's floor is a lot bigger than XLs because of the investment made in him from essentially birth. He had advantages that XL just didn't have. XL is just now getting into a position where he can receive solid coaching and opportunity he's never had before. He's naturally gifted an old supposedly very coachable and takes to coaching well. There's no telling how good he can be.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Who is to say what's realistic and, even at that....who the fug cares what anyone's "realistic" take is?

vegas has us at roughly 5 wins.  They have been pretty accurate in regards to us the past few years.   So I will trust people with skin in the game as far as realistic takes go.   I think 6 wins is possible but even then thats a lot of bad.  A lot of bad.  Sure we are making positive moves in theory but so is every other team in the nfl.   With tepper its just hard to get pumped as you know he is going to do something.  

And I am on record about the brooks pick being somewhat stupid.  We need center/line/corner help and we dont have the luxury of trading up for a injured running back that we seemingly are going to handle with kid gloves in the short term.  Essentially burning one of his contract years in another poo season.  Why not get everything right and then draft a rb high next season that can literally step in and play day one?  It just doesnt make sense to me.  Brooks isnt some once in a lifetime talent.  So for me it just seems like the same old panthers making some wtf decisions.   I pray I am wrong, I pray morgan has it under control so I guess we will see.  My gut says bryce aint it and we force it another 2 seasons trying to make it work.

6 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Gotta love the excitement police. It’s freaking sports. If fans want to be excited, let them! If it leads to disappointment then we are just back to where we were. No big deal. 

Exactly, you can either be excited then miserable or miserable then miserable...I'd rather be excited at this time of year

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

vegas has us at roughly 5 wins.  They have been pretty accurate in regards to us the past few years.   So I will trust people with skin in the game as far as realistic takes go.   I think 6 wins is possible but even then thats a lot of bad.  A lot of bad.  Sure we are making positive moves in theory but so is every other team in the nfl.   With tepper its just hard to get pumped as you know he is going to do something.  

And I am on record about the brooks pick being somewhat stupid.  We need center/line/corner help and we dont have the luxury of trading up for a injured running back that we seemingly are going to handle with kid gloves in the short term.  Essentially burning one of his contract years in another poo season.  Why not get everything right and then draft a rb high next season that can literally step in and play day one?  It just doesnt make sense to me.  Brooks isnt some once in a lifetime talent.  So for me it just seems like the same old panthers making some wtf decisions.   I pray I am wrong, I pray morgan has it under control so I guess we will see.  My gut says bryce aint it and we force it another 2 seasons trying to make it work.

First, I think I'd be ok with 5 wins as long as we are more fun to watch and we see improvement. At my most optimistic I see us at 8 wins.

And B....you could very well be right about Bryce. You probably are. I'm just willing to give him a other chance with a better situation and I see reason to feel some hope. Hope involves risk emotionally. I haven't had much reason for anything close to sustainable hope for a long time as a panther fan so I grasp at it when I have a chance just in case it works out. If it doesn't, at least I allowed myself a chance to feel good about the team for a little bit and to me it's worth the risk.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I disagree pretty strongly about all that but I hope you're right.