• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does the Canales era have a new vibe?

13 hours ago, NAS said:

He talks way too much about his time in Seattle and Russell Wilson and how they built that team in 2012.  

I won’t fall for any of it until I see them play for a year 

Fitterer was too fixated on that LOB era.  It’s why he spent a top 10 pick on a LOB corner despite the team have literally nothing in place.  Canales fixation on that old Seattle squad isn’t new.  It’s what this franchise has been full of IMO post Rhule’s hiring. 

We sort of just keep doing the same things to a degree.  Canales is young and Frank wasn’t….but neither are innovative.  And neither should be calling an O as the HC.  And BOTH of them should have had a legit OC vs some newb that forces them into the OC role 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I like him so far. He speaks intelligently and always seem to have a plan for any player he gets questions about. And he’s got a lot of Pete Carroll style energy. As long as he doesn’t go full preacher, I’m cautiously optimistic.

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

This is the best way to look at it imo. I cant exactly remember but I'm pretty sure there were plenty here over the moon for Rhule and Reich and we see how that ended up

I particularly remember it with Rhule. People loved the way he talked and inspired at first. Then his message just soured and everyone turned against him eventually when we weren't winning enough games. 

Man, I was so against Rhule. But you are right there were so many that were high on him. I got into so many arguments (not on here) with fans who thought he would be the guy. 

I actually thought Reich would be decent not good. I figured Reich would give us a string of .500 seasons or something before he got canned. 

First impression with Canales is he gives a a competitive season or two at some point before getting canned but its so hard to tell at this point tbh. I guess we will know after a couple of bad losses. I still had confidence in Rivera after the first season or two but I knew after a the first few bad pressers with Rhule and Reich that they were cooked. We will see.

One thing I'm pumped about from his last presser is it sounds like Jack Plumber is just a placeholder and they're keeping an ear to the ground for the qb room. I'm hoping they just needed some rookie camp arms and they'll be a little more proactive and realistic about someone that can actually play if injuries come up

On 5/18/2024 at 8:29 AM, Jon Snow said:

I'm undecided. He comes off as a Pelaton instructor that's a bit overwhelmed with this football thing. 

This is your best huddle post in history!

1704338882065616.thumb.jpg.23f29218fdca344a30bc57d568b2e7d1.jpg

• Beer 2

On 5/18/2024 at 2:18 AM, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Lawn boy he is trash! Dude wants to run the ball with the 25th ranked run offense. We can go back to Bryce talk now. Close!

Do you know why we were ranked 25th? Maybe because the scheme sucked, coaching sucked and Sanders sucked. 

On 5/19/2024 at 8:55 AM, d-dave said:

When we hired Canales, someone in the media sphere said that we hired the right guy a year or two early.  So what that tells me is that we need to be patient with Canales.  Hopefully Tepper is and we can see what he's able to do.  Then again, Tepper has proven himself to be mercurial and will burn cash to get what he wants.

I think Tepper knows that he looks bad with moving on from so many coaches so soon. He has always said he wants the Pittsburg model. 

I respect that he pulled the plug on guys that made it clear they were not right. 

So with his desire of building his reputation back up I think he will give every benefit to Canales build something. I think that is either with BY this year or a new QB next year. 

6 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I think Tepper knows that he looks bad with moving on from so many coaches so soon. He has always said he wants the Pittsburg model. 

I respect that he pulled the plug on guys that made it clear they were not right. 

So with his desire of building his reputation back up I think he will give every benefit to Canales build something. I think that is either with BY this year or a new QB next year. 

I mean, his 2nd soccer coach made the playoffs in year 2 of Charlotte FC's existence....and was fired after 1 season as HC. 

• Pie 1