• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

woodson willing to play for anyone.

the man just wants to play.

rotoworld...

Free agent Charles Woodson is now willing to join a team in rebuilding mode.

"When this process first started out, I needed to go to a contender," Woodson said. "I know I am toward the end of my career. At this point, I want to play football. So if it is a rebuilding stage, at this point if that is the circumstances I have to play under, then that is what I am going to do." Woodson is confused by the lack of interest in himself and other 30-plus-year-old free agents. Some teams that could still use safety help are the Panthers, Browns, Cowboys, Broncos, Chiefs, Vikings, Jets, Chargers, and Rams.

Where are all the "herp derp, he won't play for us" guys?  I said we should go after him before and after the draft and I think he could make our already great looking defense into a potential top 3 regardless if he lines up at safety (my preference) or corner.

I thought Florence, who was not resigned by the Lions, was brought in to provide leadership. We upgrade our leadership department significantly by signing Woodson.

Says two things to me. One, By not signing a player like Woodson, Gettlemen is showing he is serious about liking our DBs. Or two, Woodson still wants the money, which is more than Gettlemen wants to pay.

I ain't the first one to think he very well could make us elite level scary.

Archived