• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ideal 1st Round Pick for Carolina [UPDATED]

MichaelNewtonII

I don't follow CFB all that much....is there a vertical guy with some serious ball skills?

Say 6'4 and above, with hands, and deep speed?

Sammy isn't that tall....but there isn't a better big play threat vertically.

If he finishes this year like I think he can....I could see a team willing to do a Julio Jones type move for him.  Sat is huge for him....big game there and he cruises to a monster year likely

IM really hoping we address WR through free agency and free ourselves up to draft our LT for the next 10-12 years.....I feel skill postions produce more busts than others and id rather bring in a WR whose proven he can play in the league. That being said i still love sammy watkins and would deff love to see him in a panther jersey but really other than him there's not many WR in this class im crazy about. but i would love to add that tackle from alabama dude is a monster but i dont see him falling past 5th pick....should be a fun offseason 

He has dropped a few balls, however. 

I am guessing that we will be picking later in the first round.  WR is loaded in this draft.  I think we should go OT, and we should try to sign Gross for one more season. 

I am really like James Hurst, UNC LT--he is solid for a bad team.

I believe some solid WRs will drop to the second round.  In addtion, WRs usually take a while to develop.  Look for a jordan Matthews in the second.

He has dropped a few balls, however. 

I am guessing that we will be picking later in the first round.  WR is loaded in this draft.  I think we should go OT, and we should try to sign Gross for one more season. 

I am really like James Hurst, UNC LT--he is solid for a bad team.

I believe some solid WRs will drop to the second round.  In addtion, WRs usually take a while to develop.  Look for a jordan Matthews in the second.

Name the last top tier #1 WR that wasn't ready to be a #1 by his sophomore season.

Football in general is changing, the development stage isn't as long as it was years ago.  Players of all positions come in more ready 

I see Gettleman going best player of need on the board at the draft. Star slid down due to health concerns. We picked him due to our scouts doing their job and a huge need on the d-line. If a WR is there and he doesn't see an O-line player of equal value he will go with the best talent. I really think he works a deal for Nicks and goes O-line wiht the first two rounds. We also have and extra pick from the Giants on the Beason trade. Maybe give it back to the Giants

and some Booty for Nicks.

I see Gettleman going best player of need on the board at the draft. Star slid down due to health concerns. We picked him due to our scouts doing their job and a huge need on the d-line. If a WR is there and he doesn't see an O-line player of equal value he will go with the best talent. I really think he works a deal for Nicks and goes O-line wiht the first two rounds. We also have and extra pick from the Giants on the Beason trade. Maybe give it back to the Giants

Getty wasn't afraid to double dip at DT last year and we know he loves hogmollies.  I could see this happening. 

I think Gettlemen's habits and tendencies are still a relative unknown.....

Giants won some rings....but there blueprint IMO isn't that well laid out.  They also didn't always go BPA at position of need.

Our WR crew has a nice balance right now. Lafell has been solid and Ginn brings the big play explosiveness that we need to keep defenses confused. Hopefully Smith doesn't lose any of his speed. I'd be happy to resign Ginn/Lafell at then go after an OT.

A franchise OT will make the WRs look better I don't think the opposite is true

Archived