• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Power Rankings Time

In hilarious "power ranking" news:

29 Falcons
Last Week: 26 For the second week in a row, Atlanta posted negative offensive and defensive expected points added, turnover margin and time of possession margin. Atlanta gets the Bucs next. 30

31 Buccaneers
Last Week: 31 The Buccaneers defense held Miami to 2 rushing yards Monday night, hitting Dolphins rushers behind the line of scrimmage on 12 of 14 rushes. Miami had negative-11 rushing yards before contact.

Niners were without Vernon Davis for a total of one half after he did nothing but fumble in the 1st half. The Niners were able to get a lot of pressure on Cam in this game, say, remind me if Nate Chandler was our designated starting guard at the start of the season? Oh that's right, Amini should be in there, we have a 3rd string converted defensive tackle starting on our offensive line, don't see anyone making the injury excuse for us though.

I like how he used The Vernon Davis injury as an excuse to put the niners at 3 and the panthers at 6 in spite the fact he had one catch for 2 yards and should have had a fumble in the red zone...

Not to mention the niners got 3 free points on the muffed punt and anther 3 free points from the cam int. so there offense really only drove the field for 3 points....

He must be a niner fan.

the first FG came after a terrible drop by Munnerlyn.  All three of their scores were following errors by us or the refs.  They earned a big, fat zero on their own.

I think its interesting that people like to blame Cam for the low score on Sunday, when we were playing a really tough defense.  No one scores a lot of points against them, just like no one scores a lot of points against us.  Everyone knew coming into this game that it was going to be a defensive street fight, where points would be a premium, yet when the game is over it's blame the offense for having a crappy game.  The game went just the way we expected it would.  The offense didn't play crappy, they fought hard, made good half time adjustments and won the game.

Reddit: 8th

Coming into their matchup against the 49ers, the Panthers were being billed as paper tigers who benefited from a soft schedule. They lacked close wins and quality wins, but accomplished both objectives with a dominating defensive performance that throttled the 49ers offense. Cam Newton put in a shaky but resilient effort with critical conversions, and the Panthers come away with the biggest victory in the Cam and Rivera era. A fascinating MNF matchup with the Patriots awaits.

Also from Reddit:

The ‘I’m ready to do this’ Diamonds in the Rough

Arizona and Carolina haven’t exactly been the most well respected teams when they’ve existed. They’ve both lost their only Superbowl in stunning, last minute fashion. They’ve trotted out people at quarterback who convince you that somehow you could definitely have played pro football. The Panthers and Cardinals get zero coverage nationally except for the occasional “I’m a white sportswriter and love to get up on my moral high horse and criticize Cam Newton” disgusting pieces of journalism. And while nobody has noticed them they’ve quietly turned themselves into a girl well worth dating. I really like the symmetry between these two teams. I got on the Carolina bandwagon a few weeks ago (major credit to Jacob, a smart Panthers fan I go to school with who made a very good case for the Panthers actually being good) and they haven’t disappointed yet. I’m a little bit farther out on the Cardinals because, after all, they still start Carson Palmer. But those defenses, I mean, holy poo.

The Panthers are still not getting the respect they deserve.  They are only favored by a point at home vs. New England. Bull crap.  Last week, I predicted the final score would be 17-16 Carolina--I gave each offense a TD too much but the spread was spot on.  This week, I predict Carolina 26, New England 17, and it won't be that close.

Maybe then a comment like "Panthers might have the best defense in the NFC"  will become a more astute "The Panthers have the most punishing, dominating, threatening defense in the NFL."

Buncha gooberheads

Per Walter Football:

Carolina Panthers (6-3) - Previously: #9 - Cam Newton didn't do his showboating very much at San Francisco because he didn't have a particularly good game, but his arrogance got me thinking: What if Superman similarly acted like a douche? What if he posed for the camera and made stupid shirt-ripping movements every time he saved a civilian? At what point would the general start thinking, "Man, that Superman is kind of a dick. I think I'm going to root for Lex Luthor to destroy Superman. Lex doesn't seem like a bad guy compared to that Superman douche."

Goodness...someone doesn't like Cam Newton. Get a life, Cam is fun...yeah he's a little arrogant but what NFL QB isn't?

Never will see how people can overlook Colin Kaepernick's doucheness and make Cam a villain. Pretty stupid.

Btw they have SF ranked 3rd still. Ha.

Love the power rankings! (I know, I know, doesn't mean crap didley doo) but man ole man it feels good to be ranked top ten and lower! Been a long time coming and i'ma enjoy this! Beat the Faketriots come Monday and it's on!!! Love this Team, dis Defense and company. 

Archived