• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2011 NFL draft grades, 3 years later

I'm looking at it this way...

Sure I only passed one of my six classes, but the class I did pass I got a 100 in.

I find this probably has some truth to it considering it's a horrible comparison. If the degree equates to a Super Bowl then it's obvious what we will never have.

Cam and a bunch of nobodies....Success?

Nah, man. Looking at the bigger picture of a draft (especially considering a backdrop of what G-man has done so far, and perhaps other consistently successful GMs), that draft was abysmal. One successful guy in the draft, regardless of whether he is a franchise QB or not, is not a recipe for sustained success.

Cam Newton alone would give us a C in my opinion. The rest of the draft was horrid, but considering we didn't have a 2nd round pick and we landed a franchise QB I wouldn't give us a D considering Atlanta gave up a ton to get Jones and they got a B+.

Cam is like lipstick on a pig in that draft (see above). To me, what anyone else's draft looked like is getting caught up in smoke and mirrors. 

Archived