• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Igo

I'm just glad we can have conversations about picking up solid additions to either start or build a good rotation. Would love to have either of those guys here. In general would be happy with getting 2 solid/good FA ( suspect this will be OL and DB) and maybe a couple dollar store Dave rentals. Combine that with another strong draft class and it will be a great offseason IMO.

• Pie 1

Nothing wrong with bring in comp for remmers. Please look at what the current of Ts is; a canada goose, a DT, remmers whom was cut form 5 teams in two years....... maybe amini a second round bust that only played are LG. That's very very sad.

Panthers need about 4/5 Ts overall to compete with the current group.

Edited by MV%doe

Would take Free in a heartbeat at either LT or RT. Fact of the matter is that we're simply not very good there. Remmers was some lightening in a bottle this year but you've got to wonder if it was just that or if there's something else to his performance. A veteran that we can at least plug in at LT and a high draft pick on an OT are a must this offseason. We've apparently shown a lot of interest in La'el Collins, who I think is the perfect fit to ease into the NFL at RT before transitioning him to LT.

I would be ecstatic if we bring Free in. Whether it be at LT or RT I don't care much, all I know is it would guarantee we're solid at at least one tackle position. Love Remmers but he's not definitely the long term guy. I'd be happy and much less nervous with Free at LT than a rookie there. Free-Norwell-Kalil-Turner-Remmers would be solid enough to not ruin our chances of winning games. If we sign Free and go mid to late in the draft at tackle then we could get more secondary/WR help early in the draft or even a pass rusher (BPA) and I think we'd be in a really really good position. Gettleman's the man so whatever he does I trust.

• Pie 1

Even if a guy like Free comes in and does end up playing LT...

We'll be drafting an OT prospect to groom...who won't be ready to play LT. Honestly, an average LT is probably our best case scenario for 2015. He plays to give the line some stability, as we groom the rookie future LT and he steps in during the 2016 season. 

• Pie 1

Even if a guy like Free comes in and does end up playing LT...

We'll be drafting an OT prospect to groom...who won't be ready to play LT. Honestly, an average LT is probably our best case scenario for 2015. He plays to give the line some stability, as we groom the rookie future LT and he steps in during the 2016 season.

It'd be nice to have young prospects learning from a couple solid veteran tackles, free and remmers would be a solid duo

Dallas is in quite a conundrum this off season. They are in the rare position of having two starting caliber right tackles on the team, but both will be free agents come March 10. 

Doug Free was the starter most of the 2014 season with the Cowboys until a foot injury sidelined him. Then, Jermey Parnell stepped in and played just as well as Free, including starting the two playoff games. 

It is doubtful that Dallas will sign both players, as both know now that they are starters in the NFL. So one of these guys will be available. 

Most agree Free is the better player, but not by much. Parnell is 3 years younger, the Cowboys may go with youth. 

The Panthers look like they have a solid player in Mike Remmers, but there is no depth at tackle on the squad. The idea of bringing in another right tackle to compete, or possibly even toying with either at left tackle may be enticing to Dave Gettleman. 

Remmers played LT at Ore State, and I he has the build to play LT.  I would like the RT to be more of a run blocker.