• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Panthers Not Expected To Bring Back Hardy

Mr Mojo Risin

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469366/article/are-carolina-panthers-finished-with-greg-hardy

It's all but official now. I think this is a huge mistake Hardy was a huge part of what made our defense work. I got so much joy watching our front 4 dismantle the pocket. Hopefully we can find someone close to Hardys level.

**I KNOW THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED ALREADY IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT GREG HARDY DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD, SIMPLE.

I'd like to see him back pending his acquittal but honestly - the Panthers may have reached their limit with him. Dude obviously doesn't have the right people around him. I could see the Raiders or a team like the Raiders giving him a shitload of cash. Gonna really hate it if he stays in the division. 

JPP can support the elite label better. They both got drafted the same year, JPP has 8 more sacks! JPP playing with Star and Short in the middle would garner 12 sacks a year.

But biggest difference, JPP has never been suspended for 15 games.

Hardy can be elite, but he needs to smarten up real quick

JPP has 8 more sacks in 12 more games played.

We clearly have different definitions of "elite". As far as i'm concerned, Greg Hardy is an elite football player, with off the field issues.

If it happens it happens. We already have Johnson, Alexander,Addison, Ealy and Horton who can get the job done. Ealy will continue to get better and Horton could still improve. Alexander is a wildcard because he was the training camp MVP but missed a lot of time due to suspension. If he can stay out of trouble our defensive line may be fine.

Personally I think it will be stupid to let Hardy go if he's found innocent in his trial. I also hate to watch him go and get nothing for him but it's not in my hands.

I think if found innocent we should try to keep him, but if we must move on from Hardy so be it. However, I think the organization is making a mistake by letting this decision be made public before a verdict. In my opinion this could be handled in a much better fashion. If you plan to definitively move on from him keep quiet about it at least until after the verdict.

Shocking thing is that the FO would release this today.

The day before his jury trial starts.

Kinda of throwing him under the bus. Cause I know now that the prosecutor will use this as character evidence.

"Ppl of the jury greg Hardy is such a bad man his own employer doesn't want him in the building. And that is after he tied a team record for the most sacks in a season. Why you ask? Cause even thy know he is guilty and not worth the risk"

I don't think the Panthers actions will make much of a difference in the trial.  That verdict will be rendered on the merits of the case hopefully. 

I think that the Panthers believe that the trial will bring more attention to Hardy and the team, and they wanted to get in front of it by saying he is not going to be our problem anymore.  Can't really blame them.

How is JPP elite when Hardy isnt? JPP has literally never had back to back good seasons seasons (which was your definition of someone being elite), while Hardy had consecutive double digit sack seasons and didn't even get a chance for the 3rd in a row.

I mean, I can understand not wanting the guy because of character issues but to pretend he is not one of the best at his position is ridiculous. 

Peppers played 8 seasons for us, and had 7 good or great seasons.  Peppers dropped into coverage more than Hardy, so this skewed his sack numbers a bit, but Peppers had more forced fumbles and interceptions per year and slightly less tackle numbers. 

Playing it safe... right?

If we ever had a player with enough talent to take a chance on, it's Hardy.

I feel like we're going to let him walk for PR reasons and that kills me.

Give him a one year deal with a club option 2nd year and let him prove he's learned from this.

We made strides against suckass teams and every player in that Locker respects and love Greg and not one would call him selfish. .

The "suckass" team argument really doesn't do it for me. This is the NFL.  If you want to use that argument, then you can say that during Hardy's breakout year, he only made his sacks against "suckass" teams.

Yet we put up with Smith's bullshit for over a decade. JR is contradicting himself big time.

Perhaps, but Smitty's trouble has basically been on the field. Moreover, he has gone more than 5 years since "sneaking" Lucas.

G-man fixed that though, and so Hardy should come as no surprise.

Archived