• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Gettleman pursue JPP as a potential replacement for Hardy?

CatMan72

See your response to Jackofalltrades comment.

My response was i'd rather have Hardy.. Doesn't mean that i've not accepted that he won't be here.. It just mean i'd rather spend money we won't have for Jpp for Hardy..

Neither situation is going to happen. N

I wouldnt be shocked if Gettleman makes a splash at DE this FA for big money.

people spend too much time guessing what hes thinking and reading in between the lines and not enough time looking at what he says, repeatedly, point blank!!

"You can never have too many quality pass rushers"

folks.. seriously.. hone in a sec

we were cap strapped as fug last season right? We spent 13 million dollars of cap on Greg Hardy, when we had obvious holes elsewhere.

we drafted a DE in the 2nd round! when (atm) we had two stud DE! when we had glaring holes elsewhere!

"you can never have too many quality pass rushers. i truly believe that"

hes said it every fuging press conference hes ever had even when not asked.

He's not afraid to put money into that position, and it would not shock me ONE BIT if he pays market value for a stud like Hardy or JPP or whoever else.

he's said it, hes done it, and y'all are like " nah that's not him"    its him folks

DE is actually a position worth paying for. It really is.

Houston isn't a 3 technique rusher.

But Houston isn't a real lineman, though he can play it. He is really a 4-3 OLB, which is one of the positions that we could stand to upgrade.  We would have three natural pass rushers in Houston, Johnson and Ealy (not to mention KK), and perhaps a draftee.

But Houston isn't a real lineman, though he can play it. He is really a 4-3 OLB, which is one of the positions that we could stand to upgrade.  We would have three natural pass rushers in Houston, Johnson and Ealy (not to mention KK), and perhaps a draftee.

Our system is much different than KC's. We're in nickel or buffalo package way more than base 4-3, so we never have LBs rushing the passer unless blitzing. Houston wouldn't fit here very well. He would be valuable at a certain price but this is a guy who came half a sack away from the single-season sack record. He'll be making way more than he could ever be worth to us even if it's his fair value. Plus many expect him to be a Chief for years to come so talking about him is kind of irrelevant.

The Giants voided the last year of his contract so they could have more options come March 10. Don't be surprised if NYG tags him if they can't come to a deal. 

Both of my grandfathers, one of which was an officer, my uncle and soon to be father in law are all Retired USN.

Pie to you Sir, and thank you for your service.

JPP is one of the best run defending 4-3 ends in the league.  I don't think he'll be a huge stat padder for his career but he could be a good piece.

I know everyone is talking about FA WRs but I think the DL and Safety groups are the most appealing in this class. 

Our system is much different than KC's. We're in nickel or buffalo package way more than base 4-3, so we never have LBs rushing the passer unless blitzing. Houston wouldn't fit here very well. He would be valuable at a certain price but this is a guy who came half a sack away from the single-season sack record. He'll be making way more than he could ever be worth to us even if it's his fair value. Plus many expect him to be a Chief for years to come so talking about him is kind of irrelevant.

Hence my first post (specifically the part "which will never happen"),

Talking about a lot of this stuff is irrelevant, but it's just something to do.  Just like Houston will be tagged, JPP is probably gonna be tagged as well.  

Would love him but would be too expensive.

Last season he was good against the run and got better at pass rush as he got healthier but was pretty up and down in that regard. 

If Giants let him hit the market, I see some team overpaying for him. 

Only 26 and should only get better tho.

Archived