• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Will Select Cameron Erving With #25

chknwing

As a FSU fan I say no. The guy is not worth a first. Not good at tackle or guard really. He really only cam on towards the end of the year at center and even this it was for the final 3 games. He has been a project his whole career moving from DT to LT,guard and finally center. Irving is not a first round talent don't be fooled.

Dunlap would be nice, you gotta think tackle is at the top of the free agent list. Not gonna get a young elite tackle but some good veteran players is good enough

I think we'd have to overpay a little bit to get a player like Dunlap.  I'd be OK with that to fill a damned critical gaping hole in our lineup.

I would NOT be in favor of overpaying a LOT to get a player like Dunlap.  Nor do I think Gettleman would do such a thing anyway.

I think we'd have to overpay a little bit to get a player like Dunlap. I'd be OK with that to fill a damned critical gaping hole in our lineup.

I would NOT be in favor of overpaying a LOT to get a player like Dunlap. Nor do I think Gettleman would do such a thing anyway.

I'm glad someone else sees this besides me. Dunlap is the top Tackle in the upcoming Free Agency. There are not many other great options so some team will have to over pay to get him.

This is why if we sign a tackle it will have to be Doug Free or Derek Newton at best. Since there won't be many quality tackle available we would probably still over pay just not as much.

Yup. Flowers will go top15-20.

If we're lucky maybe Peat and even Scherff. Unless Scherff put on a show at the combine I think his stock is dropping.

Scherff stock is dropping because scouts are starting to realize that he is better suited playing inside or at Right Tackle. I'm not so sure if Scherff will go top 10, but i believe he will eventually fall somewhere in the late top 20 range. Things should get very interesting in the upcoming weeks. As a Panthers fan we can't just get hung up on a position of need. I can see WR, CB, Safety, and Defensive line all being in play when we pick.

• 3 weeks later...

Peter Schrager of FOX Sports had us taking:

Mock 1.0 - T.J. Clemming

Mock 2.0 - La'el Collins

Now his Mock 3.0 is out following the Combine, and he has us taking Cameron Erving of FSU, writing: "This could be a sweet spot for Carolina, as a top-five tackle could slip. ... Erving, a guy willing to play any place along the line — and who did at Florida State...could step in wherever the Panthers need a capable starter next season."

The OL in his latest mock:

#15 Ereck Flowers -- to replace OG Mike Iupati

#16 La'el Collins

#17 The Scherff

#24 Andrus Peat

#25 Erving (PANTHERS)

#32 T.J. Clemmings

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-mock-draft-jameis-winston-tampa-bay-buccaneers-leonard-williams-peter-schrager-022315

I think we go with TJ Clemmingss from Pitt if he's on the board.  Erving doesn't seem like a LT prospect.  Why put a guy from the most important position on the Oline (LT) to a less important position on an oline ©, if he's an elite prospect.  It doesn't add up for me.  Yes, he is versatile, but you don't need your LT to be versatile.. the most value he can possible give you is playing LT.

Archived