• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Poll - Did Deanglo's handling of his release tarnish his image?

Jeremy Igo

Did Deanglo's handling of his release tarnish his image?   

217 members have voted

1. 1. Did Deanglo's handling of his release tarnish his image?

• Not at all
    • Yes, Slightly
    • Yes, Significantly

I was a huge "D-Will" fan, but I'm glad Deangelo showed his true colors instead of that manufactured image of the last several years. The problem is that most Panthers fans (including myself) didn't know him other than what he has created to be an image (fan-friendly, charitable good guy), so he won't take a big popularity hit.

The biggest reason I'm pissed at him is, when we struggle, this will be another thing to bash Jerry (and the organization) for and call him a terrible owner. I simply don't believe this little egomaniac, I'm glad he's off my team, and I can't pull for this POS when he goes to the Bears!

Stay classy, Deangelo!

In my own personal opinion, grief and the handling of condolences in the event of losing a family member is a very private event. Saying the Panthers didn't do enough wasn't really something for public consumption, especially when it's apparent members of the organization did in fact reach out to him. If Jerry wasn't involved as much as DeAngelo felt was respectful, that should be private, and apparently was already discussed man to man. That would have been the respectful thing to do. I would have to say he has been taken care of by this organization in a way that only a small portion of NFL players can dream about.

Like I intimated earlier, D-Will is going through some things---much more than many know or can appreciate if you view some of the responses in some of these threads. There is absolutely no need to get involved with kicking the man down for being human, even if you don't feel that he has handled the situation in the best way. Getting involved in such a petty dispute at a time like this is really not befitting of the Huddle, at least the place that would like to appear more enlightened when it comes Panthers football. If the Huddle is to be taken more seriously as quality destination for all things Panthers, and less like and amen choir of a narcissistic bunch of insensitive asses intent on masquerading as the sages of Panthers knowledge, then it will have to be moderated accordingly. Otherwise, the image of the Huddle will likely be as nothing more than any other football forum on the wonderful world of the Internet. The image of the Huddle is probably taking a bigger hit than Demgelo Williams'.

Not at all. Followed him on Facebook, but didn't really pay attention to his posts. From the ones I did see, he seemed like a good guy.

A person can act totally different on the Internet. I don't believe he was the nice guy he portrayed himself to be on social media.

Few players leave without some hard feelings. With the social media as it is, these kind of things are inevitable. Whether your opinion of him went up or down depends on where you had him to begin with. Since I think most players are egotistical spoiled and entitled multi millionaires with little understanding of how to carry themselves in a mature fashion, then my opinion of him or most players hasn't changed. There are exceptions such as Luke but let's be real here, how many folks in their 20s or early thirties making that kind of money and having that much influence don't have entitlement issues. Particularly when they have been handed so much and been treated so differently than regular folks.

Yeah I know that most here are under 30 but it wasn't a put down since most here also haven't been as privledged or entitled as most athletes.

Who is Deangelo Williams?

In all seriousness...Deangelo showed his ass. Maybe he will regret it later, maybe not. Regardless...this organization now has more unwarranted and overblown PR fodder that it has to deal with.

The timing of this is just too weird. Why is he bringing up an event that happened a year ago? Why is he bringing this up in a prerecorded interview on the day of his release being made public? Looks to me like he's lashing out. Like an ex girlfriend that reminds you of some unrelated issue she had with you when you break up with her.

Archived