• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Power Rangers Fan Film. Holy Sh!t

chknwing

Don't think it's a test movie.....just a short film this guy wanted to make apparently. 

And I believe that is the edited /toned down version....The NSFW version is here for those that care to see it:

*Edit* 

Link won't work for some reason but you can get to it on Deadspin:

http://io9.com/holy-hell-this-power-rangers-reboot-is-dark-as-f-ck-1687689958/+marchman

.not a pilot, not a series, not for profit, strictly for exhibition. This is a bootleg experiment not affiliated or endorsed by Saban Entertainment or Lionsgate nor is it selling any product. I claim no rights to any of the characters (don't send me any money, not kickstarted, this film is free). This is the NSFW version. An alternate safe version is on youtube.

ok...

I have generally said "fug the Power Rangers".  They debuted at a time when I was just old enough that they were too juvenile for me.  Its always been right there with Barney and Captain Planet. Don't judge me I loved Sigmund and the Sea Monsters.

But fug me...

Im sooooo down to see this when it gets to a feature film.

This was made to parody how everyone wants a dark gritty take on everything; however, i would love to see the power rangers be more dark than what the tv show gives up. If the original show in japan (super sentai) can kill of a power ranger and make the villians ruthless why cant an american version.

Kahn explains in an interview with HitFix, Power/Rangers is meant as a satire, taking Hollywood's "Dark and gritty" reboot mania as far as it could go. Says Kahn, "the dark and gritty reboot thing is such a cliché that the intention was not only to make it dark and gritty but make it even darker and grittier than you could possibly imagine, hence the brains, the blood and the violence and the sex."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/24/power-rangers-fan-film-starring-james-van-der-beek-and-katee-sackhoff-gets-dark-and-gritty

Archived