• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Greg Hardy won't be reinstated because he hasn't been disciplined yet

Montsta

Honestly though, who didn't see this coming a mile away. Of all 3 cases, Hardy wouldn't have been the one I would have put my money on for a guilty verdict.

well of the three, hardy is the only one who isn't guilty. The other two made a plea deal. They both had this little thing called evidence working against them. Hardy didn't have that problem.

Honestly though, who didn't see this coming a mile away. Of all 3 cases, Hardy wouldn't have been the one I would have put my money on for a guilty verdict. 

The media and NFL sure as hell didn't. Anybody that actually researched and followed the case saw this coming.  And, like you said, I find it funny that Hardy was the one who had the least evidence against him and maintained innocence, yet he is the one still on the bullsh*t list.

Doesn't matter how the law works in NC.....not in this discussion. That only matters when talking about Greg's legal situation. We aren't talking about that....

What would happen in another state? Would it matter? Sure it would. Just b/c NC has a quirky law doesn't mean it doesn't matter for Hardy but would have someone in Calif that doesn't have that quirk law....NFL would look at both the same. B/c the only difference is the quirk....and that really doesn't matter.

If he wasn't in NC he wouldn't have had a bench trial guilty verdict so your whole argument falls flat on its face. You might be one of the worst posters. Consistently showing your ass in the offseason smh

Greg Hardy is not suspended. Therefore he cannot be reinstated because he is an active player. He is an ACTIVE PLAYER.

He was designated as exempt for the Panthers. This is a roster designation just like IR or PUP. This was done so the Panthers did not have to cut him. This only carries over for the Panthers. Now the commissioner can keep him exempted as a Panther, but once his contract expires with the Panthers the exempt status carries no weight. He becomes a free agent and unless the team he signs with asks for the exempt list the Commissioner cannot unilaterally exempt him from the team he signs his new contract with for 2015.

The league could discipline him under their player conduct policy, but this will be thrown out in court and the NFL loses.

If the Panthers had no desire to sign Hardy for 2015, they should have just cut him and given him his guaranteed money for the year.

All in all the NFL has no leg to stand on and will lose at every turn in this situation.

I wonder if the NFL PA will help Hardy over turn what ever discipline Godell decides?

They'll certainly try.

Will they succeed?  Unknown.

The League will likely fight pretty hard to sustain whatever they impose, especially after losing on Rice and Peterson.

If he wasn't in NC he wouldn't have had a bench trial guilty verdict so your whole argument falls flat on its face. You might be one of the worst posters. Consistently showing your ass in the offseason smh

Okay....then he was charged and arrested for a violent crime and pays off a girl before the court date.

Again, through the NFL eyes THAT is gonna get you some form punishment in today's NFL.

doesnt seem like you even grasp my arguement

The main debate seems to be some arguing whether he was technically disciplined and some are talking about whether he was actually disciplined.

Technically the NFL will say that he has not been disciplined yet. And judging from the court ruling that is the case. Jeremy, Scot and others were right about that aspect.

I contend that he was actually punished.. Other's might see it otherwise, but we are arguing semantics.

This ruling (if it is upheld on appeal) is good Hardy because it means Hardy won't likely be suspended for more than two games.

If Hardy gets suspended for two games and he appeals it, he would lose. If he gets suspended for more than two there are now two precedents that would likely get it overturned.

Archived