• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman: Oher can be answer at left tackle

Jeremy Igo

More athletic, stronger.

Gross had average at best ability, but his technique was steller.

Which is why he was such a good consistent tackle, even on the left side when most experts thought he could only be on the right.

Love Oher's talent. Don't know why anybody wouldn't. He's back with one of the best line coaches in the league.

I like that.

If ya don't, I don't care.

Piss off.

Looks like you're on the left-handed and answer on the roster train..

Choo...Choo....smh

you can't compare interior linemen to tackles.sure i agree that they have to coheisevely form a unit,but they are entirely two different animals.

no doubt Turner and Norwell are two studs and DG did deserves credit

but the same can't be said for our tackles Chandler,Remmers,Bell,Kugbila and Oher.

You're lumping Remmers in with that crew? Did you watch last year?

And let's be clear. Bell and Chandler were here before Gettleman was hired. Heck, Bell's been here since 2011.

The knock on Oher coming out of college was his technique and awareness. His technique was pretty bad at times and would sometimes block the wrong person as though he didn't know what play was being run. Physically he's a freak of nature. If he were more intelligent he could make the Pro Bowl imo, but so far he's been a disappointment. He plays like he's lazy and doesn't want to exert the effort to use proper technique. It's my guess that Gettleman is seeing that and thinking "if I can get him to fight and work hard he'll be amazing!" Yeah well good luck, but we need a plan b.

You're lumping Remmers in with that crew? Did you watch last year?

And let's be clear. Bell and Chandler were here before Gettleman was hired. Heck, Bell's been here since 2011.

i like Remmers and thought he did a heck of job last season.but i believe he is best suited to play on the left side as a backup.

and why did DG decide to keep Bell and Chandler these past two seasons?they could have both been easily cut without hardly any monetary loss.

i like Remmers and thought he did a heck of job last season.but i believe he is best suited to play on the left side as a backup.

and why did DG decide to keep Bell and Chandler these past two seasons?they could have both been easily cut without hardly any monetary loss.

Getting a cheap tackle last year was pretty much impossible. Teams overpaid for a lot of guys who turned out to be garbage.

Of the guys that were available, there wasn't really anyone that much better than what we had.

I think that Gman has hit it on spot this time. I think coach Matsko is the key and will get him solid at LT. Seems to me that they are happy with Remmer on the right side. If Oher can hold the left side down I think we will start 2015 off good. If the Offensive line replaces Bell and rolls with Oher at LT the line will have more continuity than replacing both tackles.

I could have taken Ginn or left him. But the thought of putting Ginn and Brown on the outside an KB in the slot sounds very dangerous. Throw in Olsen and now you have four targets that could really hurt you.

Archived