• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman: Oher can be answer at left tackle

Jeremy Igo

I think people make posts like this with the notion that they are being "clever" or what have you, but all it really suggests is shame in them for not being familiar with the options that are available to us at the position this offseason.

"Zomg growl this is MICHAEL OHER he was the guy in the blindside movie and his mom is sandra bullock, are we really gonna find a bigger name than that?! #toe #lefthanded #shrewdspending #kingsofthesouth #panthersroolsuperbowlsdrool "

I have made many posts on this year's OT pool/class. You're more than welcome to check those threads if you please.

Ugh, did you even read my post above that where I quoted you? I listed two players that weren't really options and there is not much left after that.

You're the one that keeps acting like you know how to run a franchise and criticize the FO but won't list any I your ideas to improve the team at the tackle position.

He brought them in, but they didn't realize what they had till everyone got hurt and they had no options left (minus Turner). But he did bring them in, just didn't realize their potential. But some of that could be Rivera.

You do realize that that's the GM's job, right?

To "bring them in"?

And that GM's don't interfere in choosing starting lineups? (Unless you're the Browns.)

Dave came into town talking Hog-Mollies....

Last year it was Chandler or Bell could be the answer....now it is THe Blindside

Seems like maybe we have quickly figured out his flaw....and all GMs usually have several. You need talent Dave not just size

Humphries has to be the "favorite" with the hometown ties and he just had a private meeting with the team. He's compared by many to Ryan Clady. Strong and exciting comparison.

Collins, Peat, Flowers, and Clemmings have all been in the top 10 in various random mock drafts, as well as being available at 25 in others.

I like Humphries. And I don't mind drafting a "project" because almost every OT is a "project" if started as a rookie. Both Robinson and Matthews struggled at times at LT last year, but there both still gonna be beasts in the long run.

If you think a tackle has the talent to be an everyday starter at LT sooner rather than later, whether its a "project" or not, that player is worth a 1st round pick.

Ugh, did you even read my post above that where I quoted you? I listed two players that weren't really options and there is not much left after that.

You're the one that keeps acting like you know how to run a franchise and criticize the FO but won't list any I your ideas to improve the team at the tackle position.

Yes, I have criticized him for the mistakes he's made, and just because I'm not sitting at his feet huffing the aroma of his freshly cut toes, doesn't mean that I am not aware of what real talent is available to us this offseason beyond the top tier names. Rectifying those two lines of thinking as capable of coexisting within one mindset has been the most difficult and frustrating part for the posters here who try to bill anyone who doesn't squeal in exuberance for the wisdom of The Dave as michael Oher or Byron bell allow yet another defender to blow by them as some sub-human smut while shouting "dis ain't madden brah!" so as to avoid any real or difficult questions on how an all-knowing and irreproachable *gasp* NFL employee! could possibly make a mistake that was detrimental to our team. I mean that just doesn't happen ever and how dare I insinuate otherwise.

Not only would I bet $100 that we'll take in the first, but Ogbuehi @57 makes sense too. He was #1 overall on many mocks before the start of the season, met with us at the combine, and GMan even mentioned him at our end of the year presser. He can also recover from injury without the need to play from day 1. Humphries (et al), Oher, Remmers, Ogbuehi.

Ogbuehi says he'll be ready for training camp, if they do a thorough physical on his knee and agree that he can be ready for TC, he could end up being the pick at 25, he'll be gone by 57.

A "heart condition" dropped Star, Benji fell due to a deep and talented rookie class, a torn ACL may be the reason why we fill another need in the first round of this draft.

See this is the kind of stuff I was talking on yesterday.  By the way, this crud didn't start with Gettlemen.  Hurney didn't actively seek out to replace Otah.  He thought Byron Bell could suitably fill in at RT for the time being until they could truly find a RT.  Yet, this is leaps and bounds worst than the procrastination of Hurney in finding a RT.  G-man is being stubborn when it comes to replacing Jordan Gross, Cam's main protector.  I hope Cam has a memory like Eli Manning.  Manning was sacked and threw many interceptions because of pressure, and he always came back as if nothing happened.  It didn't effect him.  Cam will have to have that same mentality, because he is about to get lit up like the sky on the fourth.

Although the biggest difference would be Cam takes hits when he runs.  It's a downright shame Gettlemen refuses to get Cam a LT, even though he's taking double the amount of hits than any other QB since he's come into the league.  That's downright criminal.

See this is the kind of stuff I was talking on yesterday. By the way, this crud didn't start with Gettlemen. Hurney didn't actively seek out to replace Otah. He thought Byron Bell could suitably fill in at RT for the time being until they could truly find a RT. Yet, this is leaps and bounds worst than the procrastination of Hurney in finding a RT. G-man is being stubborn when it comes to replacing Jordan Gross, Cam's main protector. I hope Cam has a memory like Eli Manning. Manning was sacked and threw many interceptions because of pressure, and he always came back as if nothing happened. It didn't effect him. Cam will have to have that same mentality, because he is about to get lit up like the sky on the fourth.

Although the biggest difference would be Cam takes hits when he runs. It's a downright shame Gettlemen refuses to get Cam a LT, even though he's taking double the amount of hits than any other QB since he's come into the league. That's downright criminal.

Maybe some team with one of the top LTs would be interested in trading that LT for Luke.

Whadda ya say?

If no, then what is YOUR plan to get one?

Archived