• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

From Bridgewater to Newton...but...

Jeremy Igo

I won't be upset if he doesn't sign here.. Especially cuz I think we should draft a WR in the first round. if he signs, we may not do that until the later rounds when the game changers are gone. I like that we're going young at our important positions.

Yes, should Jennings sign in Carolina he will be getting an upgrade at QB, although Bridgewater should have been in the talks for rookie of the year. 

But more importantly, Jennings will be going from Norv Turner to Mike Shula. 

Last season Brandon Lafell performed at a higher level in New England while Jericcho Cotchery performed at a lower level in Carolina. So, it is far from a given that Jennings will have the same numbers here as he did in Minnesota, in fact, it is rather unlikely. 

Going from Norv Turner to Mike Shula is a really significant drop, more so than the upgrade he will be getting at QB. 

Are you using numbers for your "upgrade" assessment?

Are you using numbers for your "upgrade" assessment?

Jennings has not had a 1,000 yard season since 2010.  His last full year with Rodgers he had less than 1,000 in 2011.  The year after that he was injured and only played half the season.  He has been with the Vikings for 2 years and been their main target both years and he has yet to top 900 yards. 

He is better than Cotchery but it's not like night and day.  4 or 5 years ago it was but not now.  At this point in his career he has a bigger name than production.  He would improve the offense but its not he is going to move this offense into the top 5 or even the top 10 on his own. 

It would be a nice addition but at the end of the 2015 season it would not surprise me at all if he is sitting on the bench and Brown is starting in his place.

So if we sign him, great.  If we don't, whatever.

Sometimes I see things swaying way too far to the positive and I feel the need to quell expectations a bit.

Yes, he is an upgrade over Cotchery. But not as big an upgrade as many think.

Can Jennings beat Connor Barwin on a fly route?

If yes major upgrade. .

Bridgewater is a better QB than Cam. Word on the street is the ball doesn't hit the ground at Vikings practices. Cam need to show more consistency. If Cam could complete all the easy passes he would be a QB god. Unfortunately he misses way too many wide open throws.

You got my point about the numbers.

I think Teddy has much better touch than Cam has displayed and his numbers as a rookie are mostly better than Cams this past season.

Cam is by far the bigger dual threat, but for a WR on a crossing route, Teddy might be the better thrower.

Can you?

I feel like this needs to be a video feature on the Huddle. Some of our more well known Huddlers doing combine drills.

It must be the most obese huddlers for max entertainment value.

Sort of an NFL combine meets the biggest loser.

Archived