• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers dine with Shaq Thompson

jdpanther5

IDK about the tipping but he is definitely ordering the cheapest poo on the menu.

False. He's explaining to Shaq "you know why I can order is the most expensive steaks on the menu tonight? Because I don't ever pay for my hamburgers through the week."

... Torrey Smitt and Greg Jennings or hamburgers... Cam and Luke are steaks. We will be eating steaks in Carolina for many years.

I'm torn on Thompson, depending on where we play him.

I think we have a huge hole at SS and Thompson could be a Kam Chancellor type of SS. 

I also think we have an eventual need at OLB depending on Glanton/Klein, and/or the eventual end of the TD era in 2-3 years.  Though this need is more down the line, I'd have a hard time getting behind a 1st round pick at LB.  

Thompson is one of my favorite players in this draft and would love to have a Chancellor kind of S roaming around in our secondary, both in coverage and in the box.  The fear factor and production would be incredible for us.   

I do think he could be a nasty LB too, but could be an elite SS.  If most franchises that are talking to him, see him as a LB in the NFL, then I'd prefer to pass on him in the 1st round. 2nd round would be okay, but I'd prefer to address other positions at #25.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/03/shaq-thompson-tells-nfl-teams-hes-not-a-running-back/

"I got [a question about playing running back] today,” Thompson said, via ESPN. “I kind of made him mad because I told him I didn’t want to play running back anymore. Everybody has pretty much said strong safety or ‘Will’ linebacker.”

I know around the combine there was a lot of talk about Shaq only wanting to play LB, but it sounds like he's open to either LB or SS and it sounds like teams are expressing interest in him at both positions.

Liked him better before the combine.

smoothest cone runner in the draft...so fluid. total body control and correctly premeditated angles of attack.

he's a WLB with running back moves that can cover receivers...not just tight ends. Draft this guy and put him wherever you want him, depending upon what formation he is in.

my only question is if he can catch the ball...cause if he can do that he's a pick 6 aaiting to happen anytime he can get to the ball.

I'm not big on this kid. I think why people fawn over him is because of a Thomas Davis comparison that I don't really agree with.

I think he'll be a solid enough player, but I don't think he has TD's athleticism or fire.

Archived