• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Panthers Mock Draft

Jeremy Igo

And if he ends up being another Kris Jenkins with a motor they will be eating a bunch of crow this time next year.. We used a second on Jenkins. Anyone think that was a bad move?

And if we draft Denzel Perryman and he turns into Ray Lewis, we will be eating crow about this time next year.

Guess it would be OK to draft a middle linebacker in the first round, right?

I don't even have anything against taking a DT (well, I do, but I wouldn't be ticked or anything), but it is easy to see what the problem with the move would be. It isn't like we don't already have a great run stuffer on the roster.

Lol at Perriman being available in the 2nd

Perriman reminds me of what happened with Hayward-Bey. A good receiver in college who posted insane numbers and shot up boards. He was their 3rd receiver at UCF...at some point being the man is a trait you want your #1 to have. Probably more important than straight line speed.

I like your picks. I have settled on Peat as my player of choice. I won't be disappointed on anyone we choose.

Though you would prefer to have your first found pick on the field. There would be no hurry with Oher, Martin and Remmers ahead of him. I am not going to assume that because he is our first pick that he is automatically better than these three. His talent level might be higher but needs refinement from our O-line staff.

Edited by DaveThePanther2008

I hope we get the drafttek.com mock:

1.SS-Landon Collins

2.WR-Devin Smith

3.OT-Cedric Ogbuehi

4.RB-Mike Davis

Id pooh my pants for that first 4

The huddle mock would be a close second. I really want Devin Smith and Id rather get Peat over Landon Collins but they are about equally good-flawed imo. OT is the larger need however so Peat is who Id lean on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I meant to edit lol...Quote thyself!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Edited by TANTRIC-NINJA

And if we draft Denzel Perryman and he turns into Ray Lewis, we will be eating crow about this time next year.

Guess it would be OK to draft a middle linebacker in the first round, right?

I don't even have anything against taking a DT (well, I do, but I wouldn't be ticked or anything), but it is easy to see what the problem with the move would be. It isn't like we don't already have a great run stuffer on the roster.

I want our line to be like Minnesota when they had the Williams brothers. You absolutely couldn't run inside. It made most teams one dimensional. Right now we don't have 2 run stuffers up the middle. With Star and Goldman we would have the twin towers inside.

I want our line to be like Minnesota when they had the Williams brothers. You absolutely couldn't run inside. It made most teams one dimensional. Right now we don't have 2 run stuffers up the middle. With Star and Goldman we would have the twin towers inside.

You do realize Kevin Williams was more known for his pass rushing abilities than his run stuffing abilities (like Kawann Short)... right?

It was hard to run inside because Pat Williams was a beast and Kevin Williams was an All-Pro talent.  Selecting Goldman might improve our run defense, but you aren't going to see two nosetackles on the field together all that often.

Edited by Mage

Perriman reminds me of what happened with Hayward-Bey. A good receiver in college who posted insane numbers and shot up boards. He was their 3rd receiver at UCF...at some point being the man is a trait you want your #1 to have. Probably more important than straight line speed.

Perriman went from being talked about as a late first or early second at latest BEFORE the combine, which he didn't post any numbers in, to mid first or late first at latest after running at his pro-day.  That's nowhere near the the shooting up the board that happened with DHB.  And the truth of the matter is, the biggest surprise about DHB's rise was that he went before Crabtree who was the consensus #1 and Crabtree turned out to not be any good either.  That was a bad year for WRs, the only early one of note was Maclin and I don't think he was ever a contender for the top WR spot.  So it wasn't that big of a mistake taking him before Crabtree.  That year was just a crapshoot for WRs.  Nevertheless, I pretty much always disagree with the late surges, and I think Perriman is the same prospect as when I watched breakdowns before the combine.  Late first.  Should be going to a playoff team.

edit:  And Perriman doesn't just have straight line speed, if you read the analysis or watch the breakdown videos you'll see he's got good change of direction and smooth moves for a guy his size.  He's not twitchy, but he's not lumbering after turning either.  Some guys get up to speed in a straight line fast but don't have the agility to change direction and keep going fast.  That's not Perriman.  He slows down a little more than a guy like Smitty or Brandin Cooks or OBJ would, but for his size his agility is very acceptable.

Edited by JawnyBlaze