• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pot coming "in five years" to a team near you?

top dawg

I agree.

It's incredibly stupid that morons are throwing away millions just to get high.

I don't vilify people that break the rules of an unjust system.

If everyone in history followed the "well it's the rules, so just follow them even if they're wrong" we'd have no rights or personal freedom.

5 years from now GMs are going to be looking at all these all pro players they passed up in the draft because of pot and say to themselves, " cant believe I didnt draft this kid simply because of pot.. Stupid!!"

That makes no sense. Until the rule changes drafting a guy who just gets suspended is stupid.

the dumbest thing is as long as you don't get caught smoking weed in college or leading up to the draft, or get busted like in your car or whatever, there's literally a 3 day window in the nfl calendar year you can even get CAUGHT for smoking it. 

The NFL doesn't give a poo about it. They just react to appease old white people.

These guys are in chronic pain and want to relax oh god. Plus if they're sitting at home smoking weed they're not going to a club and murdering someone for scuffing their puma. 

But we'll just pump them full of teradol and destory their liver instead. 

I don't understand why players would want to risk loosing their jobs by smoking pot. I mean your taking a huge risk and if your going to be drafted geting caught could cost you millions of dollars.

This is a relative cool down period for draft prospects, after all the lead up and work out for the combine and pro days and before all the work that comes when you get picked up by a team. Its kind of like that period after exams and before results come out. I empathize with the guys wanting to kick back (mainly because I must have smoked away a few pounds after my uni exams), but getting caught with weed on you in public at this time is just bad decision making. 

Archived