• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 5, Pick 38, 174th Overall, The Carolina Panthers Select Cameron Artis-Payne, RB Auburn

Proudiddy

He turns 23 in June.

Panthers selected Auburn RB Cameron Artis-Payne with the No. 174 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft.

Artis-Payne (5'10/212) spent two seasons at Auburn after transferring from JUCO, rushing for 2,218 yards and 19 TDs on 394 carries (5.63 YPC). He only caught 14 passes in college. Artis-Payne ran a respectable 4.53 forty at the Combine, but showed limited lower-body explosion (9'10" broad jump) and agility (7.13 20-yard shuttle). Tight hipped, already 25 years old and short on burst with little to offer in the passing game, Artis-Payne is a grinder who projects as a backup.

per rotoworld.........

Huddlers make fun of Hurney for drafting LBs and RBs all the time

Huddlers love Gettleman for not being like Hurney

Gettleman drafts LBs and RBs all the time

/Huddle Logic

Huddler make fun if Hurney for destroying our cap and throwing away top round draft picks.

Either our overall fan base is becoming dumber and dumber....or they passed out a flyer for The Huddle in the remedial classes at middle school.

Oh how I long for the days when we had intelligent posters and good/meaningful conversations,

Now we are subjected to this onslaught of new idiots.

sorry, I kind of put the huddle on blast on Facebook. Looks like they showed up. I take full responsibility.

Dude is Deangelo Williams carbon copy.

I'm actually reminded more of Jonathan Stewart, specifically because of his balance.

He's got that same weeble-like quality Stewart has, meaning you have to wrap him up to stop him.  Just hitting him isn't likely to knock him off his feet.

Panthers selected Auburn RB Cameron Artis-Payne with the No. 174 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft.

Artis-Payne (5'10/212) spent two seasons at Auburn after transferring from JUCO, rushing for 2,218 yards and 19 TDs on 394 carries (5.63 YPC). He only caught 14 passes in college. Artis-Payne ran a respectable 4.53 forty at the Combine, but showed limited lower-body explosion (9'10" broad jump) and agility (7.13 20-yard shuttle). Tight hipped, already 25 years old and short on burst with little to offer in the passing game, Artis-Payne is a grinder who projects as a backup.

per rotoworld.........

Wikipedia says he turns 23 in June, not sure which is correct.

sorry, I kind of put the huddle on blast on Facebook. Looks like they showed up. I take full responsibility.

Haha...I hope Jeremy is giving you a cut of the take for the new traffic. He is such a capitalistic pig.....gotta love it

Never heard of him.

Watched his highlights and came away overly impressed.

If you don't like what you see in his highlight video, what do you expect out of a RB? He looks like a 3rd rounder in most drafts and will be a great backup here.

Never heard of him but after that highlight vid I like what I saw.

Balance, speed, shifty in space, patient with the blockers, vision.

Good pick for the 5th.

Do you even watch college football? Auburn was playing a nationally televised game like every other week.

he looks so slow and lumbering in highlights, but no one seems to be able to put him on the turf. what a paradox. im excited about this guy.

possible fullback replacement for Tolbert?

He is not a FB.

Archived