• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Agrees to 5 year contract extension worth 103 million.

PTI discussed the extension and reminded me why I dont watch ESPN programming anymore. 

Tony mentions how stats can be used to form a narrative, then he goes into a list of stats for why Cam is not worth the money. Priceless.

I saw that too. 

Cam is actually 16-6 in December/January. That means if we actually start off well, we guaranteed about 11 wins. 

​Doesn't really mean much of anything though. Of all those wins only like 4 or 5 were against teams with winning records. 

The last two seasons those late wins directly resulted in playoff berths.

and how many of Brady's wins came against pathetic AFC East?

and how many of Brady's wins came against pathetic AFC East?

Exactly why you shouldn't use wins as a metric for comparison between individual players. Not even mentioning the other players on the player's own team who contribute to either a win or a loss. It's just silly.

"Brady's the best he won 4 Super Bowls"

"Wilson is better than Luck and Cam he has a Super Bowl win"

"Flacco deserves $20M/year, he won a Super Bowl"

"The Golden Calf of Bristol should be in the NFL all he does is win. He has as many playoff wins as Matt Ryan and Cam Newton"

It's absolutely ridiculous.

PTI discussed the extension and reminded me why I dont watch ESPN programming anymore. 

Tony mentions how stats can be used to form a narrative, then he goes into a list of stats for why Cam is not worth the money. Priceless.

Around the Horn loves the contract and made logical sense on everything about it. Tony doesn't care for Cam, I've just come to that conclusion.

Archived