• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coming to terms with the Frank Kaminsky pick...

Jeremy Igo

Eh, LBJ was a massive loss but our depth is far superior than Cleveland's, and that's what James missed when he was in the Finals. Again:

Wade, Bosh, Dragic, Whiteside, Deng, T.Johnson, Napier, Chalmers, Andersen, Haslem, Ennis, McRoberts, and now Winslow. 

That's roster alone makes The Heat the second best team in the East. Will we win another ring right now? No. The West is stacked with great teams BUT it does give Miami more flash for free agents. Riley will go hard after Durant or Westbrook within the next two years.

2nd best team? Maybe if the Hawks completely fall off, Chicago loses Butler and if the Pacers can't get anything going with Paul George. Still, it takes more then talent to win games. Otherwise y'all would've made the playoffs last year. 

I can come to terms with it, he is the epitome of a player "who is, what he is" and will definitely bring Offensive versatility to this team. I would've preferred a 2-3 simply because the Batum & Lamb aren't guarantees and if both were to leave our Wing positions would be non-existent.

I have high hopes he will pan out, but I could also equally see Winslow blowing it up too, which scares the loving poo out of me. 

I wouldn't have been upset had Winslow not been there. Had Winslow not been there I would have been elated with the pick. Winslow was the second best player in the draft behind Towns. Winslow is the biggest reason Duke won it all last year. He is a selfless, shot blocking, 3 pt shooting, unstoppable ball driving, soft touch finishing, winner with the heart of a champion and a killer instinct that knows just how and when to will his team to a win. 

This is not like the Luke pick in any way. Panthers went bpa and hornets did not and went need. When a player like Winslow is there you take him regardless of any trades you have made. You traded for Batum well you can trade him away. This would have been like the Panthers not picking Luke. 

I think Frank will be good but I think Winslow is the kind of player who redefines his position. He will be menacing our team for years to come on a division rival. I feel like this is a bad dream I can't wake up from. 

Someone needs to take this guy's keyboard...light it on fire...then sabotage his employment to ensure he has no money to buy another one...

He shouldn't act like a pussy and say he didn't want to come here before the draft in that case. He didn't want to be here, and he shouldn't. Cho and MJ fuged up again. He just needs to shut his trap and play now. Put up or shut up.

Never said he didn't want to come here. He compared playing in front of 17k+ people in college to teams like the Bobcats who regularly had empty arenas. That's just facts.

That's not why people hate this move anyway, let's be real. Dude could end up being Vlade Divac but everyone's convinced he's Cody Zeller or Adam Morrison.

To be fair to Frank, most of Charlotte hated the Bobcats as well. 

As for the trade opportunities: Who knows the truth? Does it really matter? Fact is we could have, should have but it doesn't matter now. I have come to terms that we are who we are. I will cheer for Frank and the team bc I will love the Hornets no matter what!

Regardless of how I feel about the pick, I really wish people would quit pointing out that Frank dominated Okafor and KAT in the tournament as though that somehow proves his value. He's like 3 fuging years older than them of course he's going to outperform a bunch of 19 year olds. Kaminsky as a senior probably could have "dominated" freshman Anthony Davis but you wouldn't pick Kaminsky over Davis, would you?

Regardless of how I feel about the pick, I really wish people would quit pointing out that Frank dominated Okafor and KAT in the tournament as though that somehow proves his value. He's like 3 fuging years older than them of course he's going to outperform a bunch of 19 year olds. Kaminsky as a senior probably could have "dominated" freshman Anthony Davis but you wouldn't pick Kaminsky over Davis, would you?

It's completely ignorant to pretend that is meaningless.

He was good in college and its long been rumored he can shoot the ball. I wonder if the Hornets are trying to get that impact rookie like the Bulls had last year. If they think he can play in the pros, great. But I'm more angry about the admission they can't get anything out of Vonleh and Zeller, our last two picks. When are we going to develop our prospects?

I havnt, but I'm not going to bitach.

The only thing I like about frank is he piss off the other team. In a sense of showing respect, frank had that effect on teams that played against him. They pratice , got coached up, and read the scouting reports on how to stop frank, cause if you did that greatly increased your chance to win. It rarely happened and it pissed off the team that a goofy white boy took them to school.

Archived