• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther - Jags Picks

Jeremy Igo

The media and public in general are fairly evenly split when predicting the outcome of Sunday's Panthers-Jaguars matchup. 

CBS is split 4-3 in favor of the Jaguars. 

ESPN has quickly become the bottom of the barrel for sports news and analysis, but here are their picks anyways... they are split down the middle. Three for the Jags, three for the Panthers. 

Microsoft Cortana is an interesting way of predicting games

Cortana uses an algorithm put together by Bing Predicts to pick an outright winner in every NFL game. The algorithm takes into account advanced stats and home-field advantage, and there's a public-perception element that incorporates data from Twitter and Facebook.

Last season, Cortana correctly predicted 67% of all NFL games. It has since picked 71% of Wimbledon results and 75% of the Women's World Cup knockout stage correctly. The model has dabbled in areas outside of sports — including American Idol and the Grammys — but is sticking to sports this NFL season.

This week Cortana gives the Panthers a 58.2% chance of sweet victory. 

Finally, on NFL.com, fan consensus says the Panthers win. 

View full article

According to my brother, avid Jags fan, the defense is really improved. They are expecting A. Robinson to really break out (as am I for fantasy sake) and if they can get the run game going they will be dangerous on offense. All that said they are a young, inexperienced team. I think our defense will shut it down and possibly even get a TD or 2. 

The Jags defense is LEGIT...and their offense actually looked decent in the preseason...and they are at home...

It's why i'm didn't pick Carolina for my suicide pick this week...

I think Carolina will win though...it's just going to be in ugly fashion...13 -10 type of victory...

It's looking like Josh Norman is going to play which will neutralize Allen Robinson...our D-Line can neutralize Yeldon...we should be fine...

This just feels to me like one of those games that I get my hopes and expectations up just to have my heart ripped out of my chest and shoved up my ass, so because of this, I'm going into the game kind of on the fence.  I think we should win, but we've lost easier games at more inopportune times.  Also, last week was essentially a bye week with the starters getting time off, and we all know what bye weeks mean in Rivera-land.

• Pie 2

Losing to the Jags would point to our team being one of the worst teams in the NFL. Of course it's only one game, but the Jags are one of the worst teams we'll face this season. If we can't even beat the bottom feeding Jags (and no their offense is not good) then we're in for probably a terrible season.

• Pie 1