• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade for Jared Allen

Jeremy Igo

Fox Sports originally reported news of the trade. Allen is flying to Carolina to take a physicla, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.The Bears will pay $11.5 million of Allen's salary, while the Panthers will pay him $823,000

I feel like I should feel bad for them.

Nah. Can't do it.

If only Gettleman could go ahead and get another floundering team to trade us a solid veteran WR to shore up our other biggest need.

I'm looking at one Steve Smith Sr. here...

But yeah. I love the Allen move.

I was looking at Calvin Johnson for J-Stew.  Yet then again, that contract. (I wonder if the Lions would be interested BTW)

Everyone upset that we didn't do this for our WRs has to remember KB is still on the team. You add him plus next years draft and our WR core looks dominate. We just don't need to add a body for just one year when the guys we do have arnt doing too bad. If our WR started to crash and burn and we were 0-3 then yes they would have to make a move. But as it stands pass rush was glaring weakness that they shored up. Good move by GMan

I don't really care for allen as person but he should help the pass rush.  I hope gman bought the bears gm dinner before this deal because he put it on him.  Hopefully he's trying to find out if alshon had any desire to remain on a shitty bears team after this year.  I would rent him for a fourth all day long. Hell give up a second if we can sign him long term!

Don't have to Scot. Gettleman just made my point pretty eloquently.

You have to have one for someone to make it for you.

Discussion about 'available' guys means free agents, unless you wanna unrealistically claim every player in the league is 'available' via trade just so you can sound marginally right (which would be a new thing for you).

I don't really care for allen as person but he should help the pass rush.  I hope gman bought the bears gm dinner before this deal because he put it on him.  Hopefully he's trying to find out if alshon had any desire to remain on a shitty bears team after this year.  I would rent him for a fourth all day long. Hell give up a second if we can sign him long term!

How can you not care for him as a person? He's a little ostentatious but he's a great guy and great teammate. Love the work he does for Vets.

Archived