• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We need work, but damn we're a good team

Ruff

The title sums it up.

It's an interesting dynamic, watching this Carolina team play. On paper, I'm not sure we even look like that good of a team. Veteran castaways filling in in starting roles, no-name wide receivers, running backs who don't produce eye-popping numbers, a QB whose completion percentage hovers less than 55%. Yet, somehow, we're greater than the sum of our parts. This is a legitimate team, and the first one that I've seen in the NFL in years. You see it when guys like Trai Turner get into players' faces to get them off of Cam or Stewart. You see if when Olsen puts his heart and soul on the line. You see it when this team should be losing, with everything falling apart around them, rise up better than they ever were.

Sure, we need some help. The DEs will need to be watched to make sure they stay fresh into the playoffs, the health of Luke, Stewart's carries... All of it needs to be monitored. Yet, I honestly believe we're the best team in the NFL. 

They surrounded cam and Luke with players that meshed with their personalities and talent. Kept veterans with high character and talent. And coached the poo out of them.

its obviously not as easy as what I just said but this team is realllllllly fuging special

super bowl or bust. I'm at that point now.

IF we play a complete game and limit our mistakes....no one can beat us.

Like seriously everyone should be afraid of this team when we play a complete game and don't shoot ourselves in the foot.

"Worst 8-0 team" or some other bullshit is likely what they'll say but its beyond obvious these clowns hate us because of our QB and small market....nothing would please me more than to go 19-0...

Do a drive by with some piss filled "water" balloons and let the ESPN studio crew have it.

I keep saying this every week but this team still hasn't played it's best football. CJ and Dwan will be back soon. 

I love this team though. What we do is difficult to stop and Cam Newton is probably the most underrated player the NFL.. The man is elite in his own category. 

I really think this offense will blossom down the road as Philly and Funchess gain more experience. Also Ted Ginn has the makings of a great WR. He just has issues. His speed is fantastic and he must be accounted for.

Yeah, people probably think I'm nitpicking when I point out all the missed opportunities by Cam, but just imagine if we can get to the point where we take advantage of all of those plays and start putting up 35-40 points on a consistent basis.

I love this team, but we can be some much better its'  not even funny. If Cam can clean up his footwork and start making those plays, this team will be unstoppable. And that's all it is with him...he makes great audibles and great decisions on where to go with the ball, he just misses sometimes because of poor mechanics.

Really promising how we're able to win various kinds of games, if you'd said this morning we'd be involved in a shootout i wouldn't have liked our chances, even with their defensive injuries, we still need to sort out the 4th quarter but our offense is able to win us games even through the air

Archived