• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Youngins at the games.

toldozer

I think every parent has to make their own decisions.  All kids are different and all family scenarios are different.

I wouldn't bring my 1 yr old or 4 yr old but that is a CRA thing.   I don't think either would ruin my time or the time of those around me.  I don't trust random NFL environments though.   Never know when  something stupid might go down.    Too much booze around...too many people being dumb in a football environment.  So that is why I do what I do....but my way isn't the end all be all.

by bringing an infant to a game you are imposing on every single person within two or three seats of you who is suddenly paranoid about being loud/swearing/drinking beer/jumping up and down. you are ruining the gameday experience for everyone around you just because you want to bring a baby to a stadium.

it is similar to bringing a small child into a bar. everyone suddenly has to watch what they do, and it secretly gets on everyone's nerves (especially the bartender's.)

don't do it.

Some dipshits in front of me and Johnny Rockets at the Deftones/Incubus concert in August had a newborn...

When ours were little (<2) we pretty much didn't take them to events or even to nice restaurants.  If we wanted to go out we got a sitter.  Kids don't generally enjoy such things and it has too much potential to be a disaster all around.

October 30 2005.

I went to the Vikings game with the family at BoA.  Home field, friendly environment, all safe and nothing to worry about. Right?

Except for the 3 Carolina fans a few seats down from me that were so drunk that when we knocked Dante out of the game they couldn't stop taunting the family of Vikings fans sitting in front of them.  In no time flat they had the two boys (maybe 8 & 10) in tears.  Mom and the toddler are not far behind, mom because her boys are crying and the toddler because it seemed like the thing to do.  Dad is getting puffed up but its 1 on 3 and he really cant do much.  A couple of us Panther fans move to back him up until security can come get the assholes out of there. Honestly thought it was going to break into a section wide brawl as a bunch of people who had been drinking too long began choosing sides against the more sober folks and visitors.

And people think that's a place for kids, much less infants who cant even scurry for cover...

1 hour ago, blackcat said:

To each his own.  I started taking my daughter when she was 2, knowing full well, she could want to leave at any minute.  Luckily, she loves the games.  That said, my son is 18 months old and I wouldn't take him if my life depended on it.  He's too mobile and doesn't want to sit for more than 5 seconds...not good at a game, especially in section 503 where he could plummet to his death! 

I did see a couple with a less than year old at the home opener.  They spent most of the game in the concourse with their baby, not my idea of fun, but I was there, too, with my daughter.  I didn't mind because I was with her.  It's basically up to what the parent wants to deal.  do they want to get hammered and talk poo or do they want to drink Sierra Mist and leave when their kid decides its time to go?

Also, you gotta make sure your kid isn't bothering anyone, which is hard to do.

That's a good point. It can depend on the baby. My brother  has Hornets season tickets and a family beside him had tickets and brought their toddler to the games and she just sat there all cute and quiet completely content and entertained by all around her. It's rare for a kid to be like. It worked for them. 

Do you think it would appropriate and safe to bring your newborn to a bar just because you want to bring him/her there? If the answer is no then don't bring him/her to an NFL game. If the answer is yes, seek help or turn the child over to the authorities.

On 11/19/2015, 8:18:14, Donald LaFell said:

This sounds entitled. It's a choice to have a child that you'll need to make adjustments for. Nobody is a douche for not wanting to sit next to a newborn at an NFL game.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

So it sounds entitled to want to attend a game (which has been paid for) with our child but not have to deal with some manchild that can't hold down 2 Bud Lights? On the flip side, it doesn't sound entitled to not want a baby around so that you can go full retard?

FOH

I didn't even like dealing with the entitled drunks before the bebe. Now I'm going to be looked at sideways when we've got noise canceling headphones for him, we immediately remove him from any public environment when he fusses to not disrupt others, etc?

Seems really, really selfish to not want somebody to come support the team simply because they'd have to bring a baby. If we want to drive 3 hours only to have to leave by the 2nd half, that's our choice.

But to imply entitlement or a lack of courtesy solely on the part of the parents is asinine. I get there are plenty of horrible parents that would probably change their kid right their in the seats (ew ew ew), but I just can't grasp how this is anywhere remotely like bringing kids to a bar when at a bar you're not getting in the door under 21 unless you've got yourself a fake id.

I was just at the MNF game in the monsoon, and some guy had his probably 3-4 year old daughter there with him. Mind you we were in the very top row of the upper deck in the pouring rain. They didn't last very long...didn't even make it to half time.

Archived